Is there such thing as too low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My 2007 enjoyed leaking, also. I replaced the pan gasket twice, rear main twice, front seal once and then gave up and just let it do it's thing after that. Figured if it wanted to leak that bad then have at it. I got tired of fighting it. The other GMT900's I've had didn't have the issue so no idea what was up with that rig LOL
Probably was of the "Female Persuasion"--you know--being all difficult, always causing problems.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a reman rack from Rock Auto in my '07 last year and so far, so good.

I was under it yesterday after I wrote this and realized it might not be leaking. There's what looks like weeping on the PS hose above and forward of that spot on the tie rod boot. But, after looking further, it looks like it could actually be engine oil dripping from the drain valve on the catch can next to the alternator, directly above the PS pump. I'll take that over a leaking PD rack or hose!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under it yesterday after I wrote this and realized it might not be leaking. There's what looks like weeping on the PS hose above and forward of that spot on the tie rod boot. But, after looking further, it looks like it could actually be engine oil dripping from the drain valve on the catch can next to the alternator, directly above the PS pump. I'll take that over a leaking PD rack or hose!
Good! Mine was leaking from 2 places: 1/ The seal where the steering gear exits the housing on the drivers side and 2/ The high pressure hose which was then dripping down on the rack and making a small mess. Leaks in the high pressure hose are apparently quite common because all of the local parts houses had replacements in stock.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks damn near perfect
Agree! Any bigger wheels look too tucked/slammed. You have a nice hot-rod stance.. always felt these trucks look better lowered than lifted. Big off road tires just don't seem to fit in the wheel well properly.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree! Any bigger wheels look too tucked/slammed. You have a nice hot-rod stance.. always felt these trucks look better lowered than lifted. Big off road tires just don't seem to fit in the wheel well properly.

I almost bought some 24’s last night but I’d need a really small tire to make them work. Only way the truck wouldn’t be a royal pain to drive would be to run a 255/30/24

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
255/30R24?
Is 1.50" of sidewall enough to protect the wheel from the road? (error - 3.0" not 1.50")
Is 97 enough of a load rating for a 5900lb vehicle?

Last edited:

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3.0" of sidewall between wheel & road
+
3.0" of sidewall between wheel & vehicle
Vehicle weighs 4 tons, tires are load rated 97

In the 5boros of NYC (nevermind NJ / CT / PA), wheel & tire packages like that don't last very long.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3.0" of sidewall between wheel & road
+
3.0" of sidewall between wheel & vehicle
Vehicle weighs 4 tons, tires are load rated 97

In the 5boros of NYC (nevermind NJ / CT / PA), wheel & tire packages like that don't last very long.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie