Is there such thing as too low?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s for an e30 but the chassis’s are very similar

I’ll definitely take pictures of everything I do like I do with every build. I have over 1000 pictures of the suburban alone

Wow that is crazy. And it's a complete kit, that's actually pretty cool.

Definitely looking forward to this build.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s for an e30 but the chassis’s are very similar

I’ll definitely take pictures of everything I do like I do with every build. I have over 1000 pictures of the suburban alone
Wrote you a PM, but the M30 motor can make a ton of power. Great thread to read about a guy who took a stock junkyard M30 into the 10s and then 9s with a powerglide. Good & Tight's M30 E30 build

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m ready to torch this truck to the ground. With the factory arms, the alignment shop couldn’t get my caster better than -7° because the upper arms were bottomed out in the back of the slots. I install some DJM arms and they can’t get the camber better than 1.5° and caster is still -5° and now they’re all the way in the front of the bolt slots ‍♂️

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that's no good.
I wonder if someone like MMW would have custom arms for super static dropped SUVs or if they'd be willing to build custom arms for such issues.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m ready to torch this truck to the ground. With the factory arms, the alignment shop couldn’t get my caster better than -7° because the upper arms were bottomed out in the back of the slots. I install some DJM arms and they can’t get the camber better than 1.5° and caster is still -5° and now they’re all the way in the front of the bolt slots ‍♂️

Sounds like there is such as thing as too low.

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that's no good.
I wonder if someone like MMW would have custom arms for super static dropped SUVs or if they'd be willing to build custom arms for such issues.

If I were to go that far, I would just bag the truck. A local shop just quoted me $1500 parts and labor for a basic bag setup in the rear so I’m sure the front would probably be around the same

Sounds like there is such as thing as too low.

I may have found the limit of static dropping the gmt900 suv with bolt-on parts

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to go that far, I would just bag the truck. A local shop just quoted me $1500 parts and labor for a basic bag setup in the rear so I’m sure the front would probably be around the same

I'm sure you do, but do you have the offset UCA bushings?

OP
OP
Doug118

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you do, but do you have the offset UCA bushings?

I had them in the stock arms and they worked great before I lowered the front another 1” like 6 months ago. That’s why I switched to the DJM ones and that just gave me the same problem but opposite end of the slots

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good point, it would be a lot less to go that route and have the flexibility.

I do believe you found the limits :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino