Is the Rosen GM-1010 navi unit compatible with a 2012 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRUCKDUDE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all! I am new to this forum but not to GM or Chevy. I own a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix and a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500. Anyways, my folks just purchased a used 2012 Chevy Tahoe LS recently and they hate the aftermarket Pioneer head unit that came with it, mainly because they prefer buttons and knobs to control the radio. I installed a Rosen GM-1010 in my 2008 Chevy Silverado last year and have been very happy with it. Since they like my Rosen headunit, can I purchase another GM-1010 headunit for their Tahoe? I know that it will fit, but the online user manuals say that its for 2007 to 2011 Tahoes. I know that the Rosen GM 1210 is supposed to work but I hate the external CAN BUS interface with the crappy speaker for the chimes. Can any of you folks point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know myself that archaic radio is the first thing I pulled out of mine, you might try reaching out to Rosen for correct information

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I purchased my Rosen from ADC mobile but that was many moons ago. My Burb is an '08 so not sure if the '12 would really be all that different but Walt from ADC could definitely tell you, he is a good guy and easy to deal with.

I have since moved on to a Kenwood with Garmin navigation and love it.

OP
OP
T

TRUCKDUDE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will reach out to Walt since I see people mention him all across the various forums and he knows about the Rosens. I agree, the Rosen navi unit is primative compared to what these units can do now. However, my folks just want something simple and easy to use. There is a seller on Ebay who refurbishes these older units and I have been completely satisfied with my Rosen that I installed in my 08 Silverado last year.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I will reach out to Walt since I see people mention him all across the various forums and he knows about the Rosens. I agree, the Rosen navi unit is primative compared to what these units can do now. However, my folks just want something simple and easy to use. There is a seller on Ebay who refurbishes these older units and I have been completely satisfied with my Rosen that I installed in my 08 Silverado last year.
I liked my Rosen, it was a big upgrade over the factory Navi, but the screen ended up going out so I upgraded to the Kenwood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk