I cannot learn the Schrader 21507 TPMS sensor in the Tahoe 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. There is a guy in Italy who gets robbed buying parts for his Escalade. We just turned him on to this, The Colonel is on your side of the pond too …

That's also the reason why I registered here in this forum, because I get great information and help from you and from you too, so that I don't make any mistakes and I also really enjoy exchanging ideas, because in Germany the US car forum isn't quite as big as it is here and that's why I'm happy to be registered here as a member, you are just great people.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I feel the same way. Back at you with the German hospitality. I never would of got my Corrado Recaro leather seats restored without all the eyes, ears and help of a few forum members over there.

I think you may have a solid case if schrader sent you TPMS that are not responding and their catalog states they are the correct parts.

I’d offer to return them for a full refund including postage if they don’t work. Request a shipping label emailed to you. They’ll either not realize the cost of the postage and do it or refund you and say keep the product.

I suspect that this may be an issue of 315 vs 433MHz on the TPMS. They may have been required to change frequency during the import process.

Do you have your old TPMS sensors?

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel the same way. Back at you with the German hospitality. I never would of got my Corrado Recaro leather seats restored without all the eyes, ears and help of a few forum members over there.

I think you may have a solid case if schrader sent you TPMS that are not responding and their catalog states they are the correct parts.

I’d offer to return them for a full refund including postage if they don’t work. Request a shipping label emailed to you. They’ll either not realize the cost of the postage and do it or refund you and say keep the product.

I suspect that this may be an issue of 315 vs 433MHz on the TPMS. They may have been required to change frequency during the import process.

Do you have your old TPMS sensors?
I have been advised by many users that Schrader TPMS sensors are better than the cheap ones from Amazon and eBay, which is why I bought 8 sensors to replace my winter and summer tires. When ordering, I checked very carefully whether they were approved for my vehicle, I looked at the year of manufacture and model, I didn't read any information on Rockauto that these sensors were not suitable for my vehicle, just information on how to program and read them or teach them. I will probably buy the Autlet TS 508 TPMS sensor tester again now because I suspect that I will have to reprogram these sensors and transfer the IDs to the control unit, so I think I will try it out. Unfortunately, I no longer have the old sensors from the winter tires, but I still have sensors in the summer tires, but unfortunately one of the sensors is broken because it has fallen off the valve and is flying around in the tire.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello dear friends here in the forum.

Today I can share with you my solution to my Schrader 21507 sensor problem.

I bought the MAXITPMS programming device TS508 from Autel. Apparently my sensors

1. weren't awaked and
2. The ID wasn't stored in the ECU.

With this device, it was super easy to read out all the sensor IDs and then store them in the ECU via the OBD2 interface with the included cable. The device was currently on offer for €150 and I snapped it up. The advantage here is that I have a lifetime license and updates. I cover the US, Europe, Asia and Australian markets. I can access all of this in the device. Furthermore, I think it's nice that I can clone all the sensors, which helps me in the winter when I install my winter tires. So I no longer have to learn everything again, but I have the same IDs as for the summer tires. The device can do much more. Therefore, the purchase was more than worth it for me and my fleet.

If anyone needs help with this, I would be happy to provide information and of course I would be happy to help you. I still wanted to thank everyone here who tried to share their knowledge with me. Everything works again and I'm reassured that I didn't buy the wrong sensors.
Many greetings to everyone and happy Easter from Germany

Markus

Attachments

• ts-508_001-1.png
    ts-508_001-1.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, Amazon isn't always reliable. Contrary to the information from Amazon, the Schrader 21507 are perfect for my vehicle. You just can't easily teach them with the China Tester. I used the ****-TPMS TS508 for this. They had to be woken up and the ID#S saved into the ECU via OBD. All sensors were recognized within seconds and stored in the ECU via the OBD2 interface. Everything now works perfectly.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again, Markus! Welcome back. I use a special tool for mine: https://a.co/d/a7cdIvu

It’s inexpensive and designed for the purpose.
Thanks for your answer. I used the same tool as you. But unfortunately, this tool didn't work. It wasn't until I bought the Autel TS508 Maxitpms that I was able to wake up all the sensors and then save them via OBD2. I think the Schrader 21507 are absolutely worth the money. Because I often bought Chinese sensors, and they were defective after less than a year. That's why I invested a little more money this time and bought something good.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. I used the same tool as you. But unfortunately, this tool didn't work. It wasn't until I bought the Autel TS508 Maxitpms that I was able to wake up all the sensors and then save them via OBD2. I think the Schrader 21507 are absolutely worth the money. Because I often bought Chinese sensors, and they were defective after less than a year. That's why I invested a little more money this time and bought something good.
I'm glad you found a solution that worked!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sehr gut! And glad you got it to work. My Autel MaxiPRO MP808S-TS has that functionality integrated into the scanner. Very useful!

me88

Reaction score
Schrader 21507 sensors work flawlessly on mine, but I was not able to get the vehicle to recognize them initially without a cheap "valve wake-up tool" (EL-50448). I used the Tech2 to start the learning process, no need to change tire pressures this way. Schrader is the company that made them for ACDelco originally as far as I know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar