I cannot learn the Schrader 21507 TPMS sensor in the Tahoe 2007

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello dear community.

I bought new TPMS sensors from Schrader model 21507 for my Tahoe through Rock Auto. In the past, I always had some cheap ones from Amazon or from China. Either the batteries were empty after 1 year, or, as is currently the case, the entire sensor unit was simply lying in the tire.

So I wanted to spend some money and bought 8 pieces from the Schrader company. Now I wanted to train them like my old sensors with the EL-50448 tool (orange). But nothing happened. I read in the description that these are already pre-programmed.

What am I doing wrong here so that I can get this programmed into my ECU? It didn't work with the relearn button in the Tahoe and the horn signal. Do I need another tester, or could I do it with my Tech2 software? Maybe there is a completely different method that I don't know about. It would be a shame to have spent money for nothing again.

Thank you very much for your help and greetings from Germany, Markus

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello dear community.

I bought new TPMS sensors from Schrader model 21507 for my Tahoe through Rock Auto. In the past, I always had some cheap ones from Amazon or from China. Either the batteries were empty after 1 year, or, as is currently the case, the entire sensor unit was simply lying in the tire.

So I wanted to spend some money and bought 8 pieces from the Schrader company. Now I wanted to train them like my old sensors with the EL-50448 tool (orange). But nothing happened. I read in the description that these are already pre-programmed.

What am I doing wrong here so that I can get this programmed into my ECU? It didn't work with the relearn button in the Tahoe and the horn signal. Do I need another tester, or could I do it with my Tech2 software? Maybe there is a completely different method that I don't know about. It would be a shame to have spent money for nothing again.

Thank you very much for your help and greetings from Germany, Markus
Hello again, Markus! Welcome back. I use a special tool for mine: https://a.co/d/a7cdIvu

It’s inexpensive and designed for the purpose.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The tool makes it super easy and something you’ll want to have as part of your permanent tool arsenal.

You can google the user manual or use the one that came with the truck to see the instructions on how to set the TPMS by lowering the tire pressure but it’s a PITA until you master it.

Only the 07-09/10 have that feature otherwise you’ll need the reset tool.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again, Markus! Welcome back. I use a special tool for mine: https://a.co/d/a7cdIvu

It’s inexpensive and designed for the purpose.
I tried the sensors with the same tester as you described to me. Nothing works. I also pressed the relearn button and deflated. That didn't work either. ‍♂️

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tool makes it super easy and something you’ll want to have as part of your permanent tool arsenal.

You can google the user manual or use the one that came with the truck to see the instructions on how to set the TPMS by lowering the tire pressure but it’s a PITA until you master it.

Only the 07-09/10 have that feature otherwise you’ll need the reset tool.
As I answered above, I have this tool lying around in the car. I also put in new batteries. No matter where I put the nose of the tool down, I don't get a honk signal. Not even when I deflate the tire. ‍♂️

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that you bought the correct sensors for your year truck. I believe that sometime in the mid to late decade (2015-2020) they changed the frequency on which the TPMS sensors operated on.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240323_192616.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_192616.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240323_192629.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_192629.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240323_192700.jpg
    Screenshot_20240323_192700.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon wants 2 or 4WD and a body code to verify fitment.

View attachment 424414

Amazon wants 2 or 4WD and a body code to verify fitment.

View attachment 424414
Unfortunately, I order from Germany and have to rely a lot on the specifications here. Amazon is not the place where I like to buy spare parts. Especially since many fakes are sold. I have now sent a message directly to Schrader asking for clarification. Because somehow you have to be able to trust as a customer, especially with RockAuto

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660