Is a 2000?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowbum

Reaction score
Is this perhaps the worst year of the Yukon? 5.7 with the throttle body injection or whatever the weird want to be carburetors thing is. After a full day to change a fuel filter. With extremely limited space to deal with such a common maintenance item. Of course it did not fix the issue I am having. I am starting to think this is a rough year for the Yukon.
Partial rant here, but I have to think any normal human would hate this thing. Might just scrap it if the transmission fits my 99’ silverado

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this perhaps the worst year of the Yukon? 5.7 with the throttle body injection or whatever the weird want to be carburetors thing is. After a full day to change a fuel filter. With extremely limited space to deal with such a common maintenance item. Of course it did not fix the issue I am having. I am starting to think this is a rough year for the Yukon.
Partial rant here, but I have to think any normal human would hate this thing. Might just scrap it if the transmission fits my 99’ silverado

The 2000 was the last year before they switched body styles and engine platforms. So, it's not like it was an earlier "we're still figuring it out" design. Like anything else, you have to diagnose it methodically. Playing parts darts rarely ever nets anything other than deeper frustration and lighter pockets. As best as I can recall the symptoms from your other thread, the fuel filter isn't a dart I would've thrown.

But, you have it outta your system now. :D

Let's pick up where you left off in your other thread and git 'er did.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a 97 gmc with tbi. it actually worked fine. only real issue i had with that engine was the intake started to leak coolant externally. needed new gaskets. i owned that truck from new off the dealer lot to a 175k in 5 years time. was a work truck, drove 3,000 miles a month and snow plowed with it in the winter.

you need to get some live data readings if your not popping a check engine light code or two.

OP
OP
Snowbum

Snowbum

Reaction score
The 2000 was the last year before they switched body styles and engine platforms. So, it's not like it was an earlier "we're still figuring it out" design. Like anything else, you have to diagnose it methodically. Playing parts darts rarely ever nets anything other than deeper frustration and lighter pockets. As best as I can recall the symptoms from your other thread, the fuel filter isn't a dart I would've thrown.

But, you have it outta your system now. :D

Let's pick up where you left off in your other thread and git 'er did.
So my best option is to get all possible parts and put them in. I get it. I was always a jeep guy, so it’s pretty much the same. Fix on thing then fix two more lol tis the life

I finally got a PO300 code

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my best option is to get all possible parts and put them in. I get it. I was always a jeep guy, so it’s pretty much the same. Fix on thing then fix two more lol tis the life

I finally got a PO300 code

MW-HB777_notsur_20190110125201_NS.jpg

Because of all the possible causes of a random misfire, you could end up wasting hundreds of dollars. I get it- swapping in new parts with your fingers crossed is loads of fun... until you turn the key and are met with disappointment and anger. Lather, rinse, repeat for random other guesses and call your vehicle a total POS because it didn't straighten up even after you fed it a paycheck's worth of new parts and a pint of blood, sweat and tears. You can replace most of the wheels on your car. But, if you don't replace the one that's bent, you will always have the same problem.

The ideal approach is to stick a scan tool on it (doesn't have to be a $12,000 Snap-On Zeus- anything that shows live data will do) and read what the sensors are telling the ECM. Then, look at what the sensor monitors to determine if that's the failure point and the sensor is reporting it or if the sensor is reporting erroneously.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting P0300 on my 05 Rubicon. Turned out to be failing fuel pump. Which I learned was failing when it stopped pumping one day.

Alex_M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or even worse, you get so disgusted you sell it cheap so you don't have to even look at it anymore. Then the buyer fixes the problem AND gets all those really nice, new parts too -- for a song ☹️
I've gotten a ton of vehicles this way. I picked up a Land Rover Discovery that was overheating. Probably $1000 worth of new parts on the thing. Paid $400 for the truck. It didn't have a fan shroud. Fixed the truck that afternoon 2 years ago, and guess what I'm driving to work today...

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000 yukon with a 5.7L that is equipped with a TBI? My 99 GMC Sierra 5.7L vin R did NOT have a TBI. It had Central Sequential Fuel Injection (CSFI) Which cant even be seen from the outside. Its underneath the Upper Intake Plenum. This system came about in 1996 and is nothing like nor looks like a TBI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts