I'm looking for a service manual(with wiring diagram) for my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Baran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am getting ready to fix all the stuff that 315,000 miles has done to my 2000 Tahoe Z71. Problem is I need a manual and wiring diagrams that are correct and accurate. Can anyone point me towards either an internet- or printed-source that will provide information specifically for my Z71?

Rick

Oh, since I have such high mileage I'm considering a few changes and would appreciate input/wisdom on the following ideas:

1. Swap the 5.7/4L60E for a 6.5/4L80 along with a heavier TC and axles if I can source them.
2. Upgrade the suspension to either 3/4 or 1 ton.
3. Modify the headlight-wiring so that all six(2x high, 2x low, 2x fog) illuminate with 'high beam' selected.

OP
OP
Rick Baran

Rick Baran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To those of you who at least looked at my posts, thanks for looking. I'll try to get answers elsewhere.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To those of you who at least looked at my posts, thanks for looking. I'll try to get answers elsewhere.
Hey man, sorry about the lack of response to your questions. Looks like this is in the correction section now to hopefully get the proper response from someone.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am getting ready to fix all the stuff that 315,000 miles has done to my 2000 Tahoe Z71. Problem is I need a manual and wiring diagrams that are correct and accurate. Can anyone point me towards either an internet- or printed-source that will provide information specifically for my Z71?

Rick

Oh, since I have such high mileage I'm considering a few changes and would appreciate input/wisdom on the following ideas:

1. Swap the 5.7/4L60E for a 6.5/4L80 along with a heavier TC and axles if I can source them.
2. Upgrade the suspension to either 3/4 or 1 ton.
3. Modify the headlight-wiring so that all six(2x high, 2x low, 2x fog) illuminate with 'high beam' selected.
What is your overall purpose for the truck? Let's start off there because that'll make a huge difference on how someone is to answer 1,2 and 3.

OP
OP
Rick Baran

Rick Baran

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The vehicle has a tad over 310,000 miles. If it's underneath, it leaks and/or blows a bit of smoke. The electronics/gauges don't appear to want to play anymore(read my post about no tach/speedo/odo + no tranny autoshift).

So...

I can rebuild pretty much everything, or I can source decent used stuff. If I'm going to source, I'm considering trashing all the electronic crap, putting in a "good ole' fashioned oil-burner", and building my own gauage-set.

I am curious, my truck IS a 2000 Tahoe Z71, so why don't my questions fit into the 2000-2006 section? I know it looks more like a '99 than a 00, but I always figured Chevrolet just used up cosmetic parts.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am curious, my truck IS a 2000 Tahoe Z71, so why don't my questions fit into the 2000-2006 section? I know it looks more like a '99 than a 00, but I always figured Chevrolet just used up cosmetic parts.
Because the 2000 Z71 and Limited are still on the GMT400 platform rather than the GMT800 platform. So it doesn't fit nicely into the little date rages posted on the sub forum descriptions

If it was mine and I wanted it to be a good, reliable vehicle I'd just start picking away at the issues and restore so to speak back to OEM spec unless you're just wanting a full blown project truck.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone has scanned in the later years for the GM manuals here:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=700011

Otherwise, alldatadiy.com is very close to it and uses many of the same charts, tables and diagrams. A subscription is about $30/yr and well worth it to me. I’ve compared both for my 98, and the alldata has the factory wiring diagrams, connector views, DTC diagnostic tables, mechanical replacement steps, specs, etc. I use mine all the time; the pdf of the manual is too cumbersome to navigate and too large to print out.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The vehicle has a tad over 310,000 miles. If it's underneath, it leaks and/or blows a bit of smoke. The electronics/gauges don't appear to want to play anymore(read my post about no tach/speedo/odo + no tranny autoshift).

So...

I can rebuild pretty much everything, or I can source decent used stuff. If I'm going to source, I'm considering trashing all the electronic crap, putting in a "good ole' fashioned oil-burner", and building my own gauage-set.

Like burb said. Your truck (z71) and the limited from 2000 is still gmt400 trucks, while the rest of the 2000 lineup went to the GMT800. Yours has a 350 (5.7), rear drum brakes, 91-99 interior, etc. When you're shopping for parts, use 99 for your year or you're bound to have a lot of mix ups. I LOVED my 2000 Z71. It's a beast. Enjoy it!

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 99 and search for 98 parts. There’s some crossover at 99 as well i’ve run into on eBay/amazon.

Edit to add:
I’ve put some time into the gauges if you need some help or even another cluster for testing/parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts