Illuminated Grille Emblem and Puddle Light Install Step by Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Power_Dr

Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. I saw these ebay ones too, I am looking for them for my 2019 Yukon SLT. There are conflicting post about whether they will fit a 2019 SLT, I saw one ebay site that said that the logo might look turned out a little. Does anyone have them on a pre-2021 model?
you just have to trim the plastic a little inside the mirror housing and on the lamp with a dremel, just enough to get them in straight. I put them on my 18 a couple years ago they work fine

Power_Dr

Reaction score
you just have to trim the plastic a little inside the mirror housing and on the lamp with a dremel, just enough to get them in straight. I put them on my 18 a couple years ago they work fine
Great to know thanks!! after you trimmed the plastic did they snap in? and do they stay in place?

Power_Dr

Reaction score
yes, you may have to twist it a bit to make it straight once it is in
I got them for Christmas and put them in. They look great but they are a few degrees off from parallel with the truck, you said that you had to trim a little inside the housing to get them straight, do you remember how you did that? They fit tight into the mirror I can't see how they would twist since there is a clip that snaps in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got them for Christmas and put them in. They look great but they are a few degrees off from parallel with the truck, you said that you had to trim a little inside the housing to get them straight, do you remember how you did that? They fit tight into the mirror I can't see how they would twist since there is a clip that snaps in.
even though they clip in you should be able to turn them with your fingers a smidge to get them lined up. If not trim more off the edge that you need them to go. only do a tiny bit at a time. I used a dremel I believe

jmcbrayer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The harness is shown running through the top of the shutter frame, (not the shutter opening) The harness comes with clips to clip it to the frame to hold it in place. The harness should not be visible through the front of the grille.
View attachment 278665View attachment 278666

The harness will then run up and over the radiator support and drop down behind the left headlamp assembly. Pull away wheel liner and unplug headlamp assembly. Plug in your headlamp to the new harness and plug in the new harness to the headlamp. Zip tie the harness to the lower fender bracket.
View attachment 278667View attachment 278668

View attachment 278669
Once your grille is installed, hit your remote or turn on your headlamps to check. Push left side of bumper back into the bumper bracket attached to the lower part of the left fender. Bolt the bumper back to the fender, and re install the wheel liner screws. Push grille pins back into place and re install the grille bolts. Re install the upper shroud.
I would recommend you coat the plug connections with dielectric grease to prevent water intrusion. There is a TSB on the preinstalled illuminated grill emblem and when they get water in them the headlight quits working. The fix is to unplug the illuminated grill emblem.

Last edited:

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread. I saw these ebay ones too, I am looking for them for my 2019 Yukon SLT. There are conflicting post about whether they will fit a 2019 SLT, I saw one ebay site that said that the logo might look turned out a little. Does anyone have them on a pre-2021 model?
I put them on a 2017 Yukon Denali with no problem look fine to me. The previous posts are great suggestions if you have problem.

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend you coat the plug connections with dielectric grease to prevent water intrusion. There is a TSB on the preinstalled illuminated grill emblem and when they get water in them the headlight quits working. The fix is to unplug the illuminated grill emblem.

I wonder why it's only GMC models. The article doesn't say anything about Chevy Tahoe or Suburbans...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put them on a 2017 Yukon Denali with no problem look fine to me. The previous posts are great suggestions if you have problem.
mine would illuminate at a angle so I had to grind them a tiny bit more to make them so I could turn the light straight with the vehicle/door

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19