Illuminated Grille Emblem and Puddle Light Install Step by Step

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwolfe

Reaction score
just installed glowtie on my wifes 22 tahoe. Everything was easy to do, most difficult part was unplugging the left headlight plug. What a pain. Ended up taking off 6 of the torx that hold on the inner fender and removing the front wheel. I could then get better angle and access. I have a black and blue right arm but finally got it unplugged. The red tab will pull back and go until you hear two clicks...then need to use screwdriver to push down black tab to release. That part was a pain, mainly given you cannot see what you are doing and going be feel. very happy with results and quality of part/harness.

Allanlr09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
$65 for install is a deal. Local Chevy dealers offering the illuminated bowtie are quoting about $190 for install. Since the bowtie is just 1 piece vs the GMC 3 pieces I would think it would be less but no.
HI, do have a copy of the installation PDF? The link you provided does not work. Thanks.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it true they only light up at night
old post but here's what I've found. Our GMC only lights up with the headlights and or fog lights are on and neither of those come on during the day unless you turn them on. It does not light up with the DRL which I find quite disappointing. I've seen others who do light up with the DRL but mine does not. That said if I switch on the fogs during the day to get the emblem to illuminate it is so faint you really cannot tell it's lit up. It is not super bright like the DRL are. If it's dark/cloudy you can kind of tell it's lit up but not really.

It's a fun addition to the rig but really would be a LOT better if it lit up with the DRL and at the same level of brightness as the DRL (full brightness in the day and slightly dimmed when the headlights are on)

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Allanlr09 I got the GMC install instructions attached, for those who want them. Had to dig around on the interwebs a bit. Enjoy.

I'm also installing mine this weekend, but on a 2022 Z71 Tahoe. I got the emblem on the front of the grill and the harness is kinda going to the right place. I ran out of time to finish it today, but as I was looking to plug in the harness into the headlight, I couldn't "see" where the plug for the headlight is. I gotta get some better light in there, too, it's pitch black and I'm fumbling around completely.

Question: Is the headlight plug closer to the hood, or closer to the ground?

ANSWER: it's about 4" below the hood, just far enough that normal fingers can't get down there. Holy crap, that was painful to get, but finally did it.

Attachments

• ISheets_84435780 - 2022 GMC Illum emblem install.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad extra cameras can't be installed for the side mirrors without requiring the additional Technology Package. They'd be great for going through narrow drive-thrus and tight corners.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad extra cameras can't be installed for the side mirrors without requiring the additional Technology Package. They'd be great for going through narrow drive-thrus and tight corners.
I use the 360 "HD" cameras all the time. Going through the drive through, parking garage ticket booths, getting into parking spaces, atms and even my garage. I don't think I could manage this land yacht without it. Especially since my parking sensors won't work until I get "the chip" installed. It was money well spent.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the 360 "HD" cameras all the time. Going through the drive through, parking garage ticket booths, getting into parking spaces, atms and even my garage. I don't think I could manage this land yacht without it. Especially since my parking sensors won't work until I get "the chip" installed. It was money well spent.
Excuse my ignorance, but what 360 "HD" cameras are you referring to, and are they specific to install on the bottom of the sideview mirrors for the Yukon? ...I have more questions, but let's start with your answer for the HD camera first.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The camera system is one of the best features of this vehicle... I count on it daily.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what 360 "HD" cameras are you referring to, and are they specific to install on the bottom of the sideview mirrors for the Yukon? ...I have more questions, but let's start with your answer for the HD camera first.
thats just what Chevy calls the 360 camera system. I think there are only 4 cameras... Front, Back and Mirrors.

1654440616697.png

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wanted the technology package for my AT4 for those added cameras on the side mirrors, but there weren't any available in the country three months ago. Now, there's an AT4 Yukon currently in Texas with the EXACT configurations I wanted, and it includes the Technology package, along with the Premium Capability package. Same Redwood Metallic color I have too. In addition to the options I have now, those are the two options I'm missing from my perfect build. I only have 4k miles on mine, and I did contemplate trading mine in for it, but I'm probably looking at another 10k out the pocket to ship mine to Texas, plus California taxes, and relive the DMV nightmare I had to endure when I got my current vehicle... Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks