Idle relearn / throttle body cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did you let it run afterwards Dario?

Couple of mins till we googled and did the relearn sequence. Still the same. Hopefully like Erick said after a couple of days it'll go back to normal.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It literally took me weeks to get it back to normal. I could see the progression. First it would stick if you revved it even to 2k rpm. days/weeks later, it only gets stuck at 4k rpm. There was a point where I didnt feel any funny jerking like it learned everything but rpm's would still stick when revving in PARK. After I fixed brake switch sensor, revs dont stick at all.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my HOE must have a learning disability! It's not as bad as the beginning but it's still acting up. On the upside, for some reason my steering is a lot smoother o_O

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what would be the next step if the relearn does not work?

Last edited:

2010WhiteHoe

Reaction score
Also, there is a youtube video on have to clean it while still on the truck without having issues. I know it's too late now, but maybe it will help others.

basically put key in "on" position, put a brick or weight on gas pedal and that open the throttle. clean away.

yugrus

Reaction score
I confirm, no trouble codes whatsoever, and why would there be any? I normally open the throttle this way and clean the TB while bolted on. Then turn everything off and remove the TB and clean the back side of it, without ever opening the throttle plate. That's what kills you- manualy opening the plate.
The only tiny part that you can't touch this way is the bottom edge of the plate, but you can still blast it closed from both sides with the cleaner.
I usually replace the gasket and clean inside the intake, as far as I can reach.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because it ain't running right and did not relearn in the time it's supposed to.

My daughter and I recently cleaned ours on the truck, we moved the plate by hand and the truck ran fine after a few moments of burning off the cleaner. Sorry that I don't know more to help.

yugrus

Reaction score
If you don't open it by hand, it is not different from a normal operation on car. The car wouldn't even know you did cleaning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660