Idle relearn / throttle body cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy is over right now, he’s cleaning the body and I’m holding the pedal open for him. Let’s see what happens guys.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just unplug it and unbolt it so he can clean all around it.
Throttle body All cleaned up, and no issues.

However i noticed my transmission is overfilled slightly (buddy noticed it when he pulled the dipstick) and one of my lines from transmission has fluid on it. It doesn’t look fresh, which makes me think it’s either a tiny leak or a tech spilled fluid on the line at the dealership. And about the transmission Being over filled: I called and complained to the dealership who replace the fluids, and they said they would look at it for free

Here’s the photo of the lines and what’s on it. 2CBEBFD9-BFAB-4D46-BDFF-2D613C9C7DAB.png4B42613D-901A-4047-9BBC-2F780B1E3871.png

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throttle body All cleaned up, and no issues.

However i noticed my transmission is overfilled slightly (buddy noticed it when he pulled the dipstick) and one of my lines from transmission has fluid on it. It doesn’t look fresh, which makes me think it’s either a tiny leak or a tech spilled fluid on the line at the dealership. And about the transmission Being over filled: I called and complained to the dealership who replace the fluids, and they said they would look at it for free

Here’s the photo of the lines and what’s on it. View attachment 400064View attachment 400065
The fluid has to be at 158-200 degrees to get an accurate reading on the full level on the dipstick. The cold reading between 80-90 gets you into the ballpark.

Yeah, those lines started sweating and then weeping a long time ago. Change them out, normal maintenance item.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fluid has to be at 158-200 degrees to get an accurate reading on the full level on the dipstick. The cold reading between 80-90 gets you into the ballpark.

Yeah, those lines started sweating and then weeping a long time ago. Change them out, normal maintenance

Compared to something like the throttle body, How hard is it to do?

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, those lines started sweating and then weeping a long time ago. Change them out, normal maintenance item.
I’m sure there’s a diagrams somewhere, not exactly sure if it’s different types of lines or if it’s one assembly all together

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver forgot to tell you that after cleaning the TB the TPS went down to 15.3% from 18.6% at idle. I windy say significant from the numbers you were telling me . Anything else I can check?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to something like the throttle body, How hard is it to do?
Replacing the lines is a lot more work but not complicated, tedious. You have to drop the front axle down on the passenger side and remove the lower shock bolts to get some clearance to get the lines through.
I’m sure there’s a diagrams somewhere, not exactly sure if it’s different types of lines or if it’s one assembly all together
Depends on whether or not you have the external transmission cooler.
@swathdiver forgot to tell you that after cleaning the TB the TPS went down to 15.3% from 18.6% at idle. I windy say significant from the numbers you were telling me . Anything else I can check?
That's a step in the right direction. It ought to come down some more as you drive it. If it stays high but drives fine, then that's the computer adjusting for a tired throttle body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts