Throttle body cleaning for 2014 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O2 sensors are $80 plus tax up and downstream. Why is he paying $180?!
minie is the 6.2l so the sensor part could be different but...
2X upstream ac delco 2134229
2x downstream ac delco 2133866
1x lisle 12100 7/8" 02 socket
tax
shipping
5% off code (rockauto)
essentially $180
that was 60k miles ago, no codes, 40k miles more and time to do it again, less the socket cost. I actually probably have 2 or 3 of those sockets somewhere already lol

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
minie is the 6.2l so the sensor part could be different but...
2X upstream ac delco 2134229
2x downstream ac delco 2133866
1x lisle 12100 7/8" 02 socket
tax
shipping
5% off code (rockauto)
essentially $180
that was 60k miles ago, no codes, 40k miles more and time to do it again, less the socket cost. I actually probably have 2 or 3 of those sockets somewhere already lol
I see, I have the 5.3 so maybe a bit cheaper? I figured most GM light trucks would use same sensors. Maybe not.

You guys are pretty helpful on here, better and more responsive than Reddit. Thanks y’all.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see, I have the 5.3 so maybe a bit cheaper? I figured most GM light trucks would use same sensors. Maybe not.

You guys are pretty helpful on here, better and more responsive than Reddit. Thanks y’all.
It's because the mods don't tolerate trolls or politics. Keeps it civil.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would check rockauto often they are the same sensors if they are rockauto has a pretty good reference chart, you have to be careful where you purchase ac delco stuff lots of fake knock offs on the market, it doesn't help that ac delco changes part numbers on the fly and discontinues things at the drop of a hat

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it need to be cleaned? In all my years of vehicle ownership I've never had a throttle body cleaning ever make a difference, more likely to have an exhaust leak, intake leak, or clogging cat maybe
I don’t think it’s clogged. It’s not ever over heating it sits at 900°F max, so it’s burning stuff for sure. Idk about and intake leak. I do have an exhaust leak but it’s not even noticeable unless you really listen for the tick. It’s louder in winter (tick)

I really think it is the throttle body or something similar and related to the throttle. My pedal shouldn’t feel like I’m stepping on a brick especially since it’s electronic.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have cleaned and do clean mine about every 3-5 months for the last 20 years, never had to have one reset or relearned. BUT it can happen, just bad luck I guess
just don't "force" the butterly more than where it stops at, you can use one finger to hold it open and clean it with the other hand.
I also recomend using a couple bottles of injector cleaner every 2-3 months on a regular basis that will help.
if you have not been doing this or have no idea when it was last done, bought it used or whatever then either run fuel injector back to back for a few tank fulls or have a injector service done, some shops use a tool that connects to the fuel rail and runs the cleaner right into the injectors. cost is usually around $80 or so for the service
carbon build up in varying amounts can happen and cause poor idle or response it won't give you any more pony's by cleaning it, it's just maintenance
like already noted a clogged or bad cat can cause loss of mpg, perhaps some performance loss.
I really think it is something with the throttle / gas pedal.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s clogged. It’s not ever over heating it sits at 900°F max, so it’s burning stuff for sure. Idk about and intake leak. I do have an exhaust leak but it’s not even noticeable unless you really listen for the tick. It’s louder in winter (tick)

I really think it is the throttle body or something similar and related to the throttle. My pedal shouldn’t feel like I’m stepping on a brick especially since it’s electronic.
edited, my info was wrong

Last edited:

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iboughtatahoe23 I don’t know if you know this but the gas pedal and throttle body are not connected in these Tahoes, it’s drive by wire meaning the gas pedal is just a sensor to plugs into a wire. So any sensational feeling the pedal has would be caused by itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989