Cleaning the Throttle Body.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe. I want to clean the Throttle Body. I want a shop to do it. Any recommendations.? My Tahoe has close to 150 thousand Miles. I will take the cover off and look to see if it’s been cleaned or is dirty. I hear Chevy dealers do the cleaning as well as wall mart.

Thank you.

Ken

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Id do it myself as it’s really easy to get off and back on
Save yourself from 150$ or more bill and just have 5$ in a can of carb cleaner and a old rag.

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thank you. What can do you recommend?. Is there any do’s and dont’s.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i recommend a can of either maf cleaner or electronics cleaner and give it time to dry before putting it back on. also be gentle with the throttle plate dont let it slam shut and use something soft to hold it open while your cleaning. ive done a couple electronic tb but not this one in particular so its just some general tips.

opfor2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very easy to do and as stated above just buy a can of CRC throttle body cleaner and a lint free rag and your good to go. There are plenty of YouTube vids on the subject.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with using the correct cleaner. Throttle Body Cleaner. Also when you do it don't force the plate open instead turn the key on and put something on the gas pedal. It's safer that way. Place a clean rag inside to catch most of the cleaner and use something like makeup applicators that are made of foam. Your wife will never know. Q tips can leave debris behind. Air dry, and reassemble. Don't forget the rag!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts