I discovered an intriguing little hole and I wanna know what I can put inside it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently cleaned and lubricated my blower motor and noticed this port. Can anyone elaborate on what it's for and how it's used? It's obviously not a factory feature and it had a regular Schrader tire air valve cap on it. Just wondering what I can or shouldn't stick in it and what I can or shouldn't do once I'm in there:

IMG_2243.JPG

Reaction score
Recently cleaned and lubricated my blower motor and noticed this port. Can anyone elaborate on what it's for and how it's used? It's obviously not a factory feature and it had a regular Schrader tire air valve cap on it. Just wondering what I can or shouldn't stick in it and what I can or shouldn't do once I'm in there:

View attachment 216645
Is it on the blow or suck side?

Maybe to be able to spray something in there to get rid of odors in the ducts?

Add some kind of gauge?

Hook up a ****** pipe to blow through the vents?

Fill a flat tire in case of emergency?

The possibilities are endless!

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 216645
Honestly dub, that looks like an add on...I don’t think mine has that. I think, and bear with me im speculating, since its right above the filter access door that you dont have, the po may have had an odor in her box :rolleyes:, so instead of gm doing the right thing and adding the door and fliter (may also be prior to door and filter being available.... years ago I remember guys on the truck forums making their own doors out of a piece if metal) and they used it as a anti box stink spray port.... no im not gonna look at mine...

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it on the blow or suck side?

Well, that which we call a "blow" tends to be a "suck", so you're gonna have to clarify. :p
If you're referring to the refrigerant "pressure" and "suction" sides, it's neither. It's just a brass port threaded into the plastic duct box.

Maybe to be able to spray something in there to get rid of odors in the ducts?

I'm thinking it was added to introduce a cleaning agent to the evaporator core. I'll have a better idea when I cut it open to install the cabin air filter retrofit.

Add some kind of gauge?

Oooh! Ricer idea: Hook it to a wide-sweep boost gauge and front like I'm boosted when the fan is on high.

Hook up a ****** pipe to blow through the vents?

Now THAT is an idea for when I'm retired and can partake of such!

Fill a flat tire in case of emergency?

No real pressure there. But, now that you mention it, an emergency compressor sounds like a great idea. I could put a "usable" compressor in place of the decommissioned Auto Leveling compressor.

The possibilities are endless!

And so is my lack of focus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212