I discovered an intriguing little hole and I wanna know what I can put inside it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly dub, that looks like an add on...I don’t think mine has that. I think, and bear with me im speculating, since its right above the filter access door that you dont have, the po may have had an odor in her box :rolleyes:, so instead of gm doing the right thing and adding the door and fliter (may also be prior to door and filter being available.... years ago I remember guys on the truck forums making their own doors out of a piece if metal) and they used it as a anti box stink spray port.... no im not gonna look at mine...

I'm certain it's not a factory and I believe it's to introduce a core cleaner. I guess I'm hoping someone has seen or used this particular type of thing and if there's more to it or a cleaner kit I can get that utilizes it.

I'll definitely investigate once I cut it open. Nurse, pass the scalpel, please...

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What an excellent thread title. I'm jealous that I didn't find an intriguing hole in mine.

I figured it'd get attention. I guess I could've said something like "Chewbacca ********* found" and it would've garnered the same attention.

@iamdub , when you get tired of your current sig, this is a worthy replacement.

Ya know, since I'm currently into quoting people in my sig, I was waiting on someone to spew the next quotable quote. It would probably make little Petey feel better since I omitted his infamous "Italian Throttle Mod" from the roll call in my sig.

... But, nah. I may just find a good one from a distinguished famous figure. It's something you gotta let come to you. You don't search for it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you cut that open I am pretty sure there no space to see up in that direction unless you cut more than what is necessary, I take it no coolant came out when you removed the cap, what does it look like inside the hole? is there a valve on it? I don't recall seeing anything like that on mine, maybe you will be able to see up in there with a mirror and a flashlight but I think it's a pretty tight space

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you cut that open I am pretty sure there no space to see up in that direction unless you cut more than what is necessary, I take it no coolant came out when you removed the cap, what does it look like inside the hole? is there a valve on it? I don't recall seeing anything like that on mine, maybe you will be able to see up in there with a mirror and a flashlight but I think it's a pretty tight space

No valve. Just a dark hole. I'll stick a borescope up in it and peek around if I can't see otherwise.