HVAC Buttons can you replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teqdogg

Reaction score
I was coming home from work tonight and noticed the AC button is somewhat loose and is fading bad. I was wondering if you can pull the button off and get a replacement for just that button from the dealer or online? It is the button right in the middle of the HVAC controls (power,interior circulation,AC, defrost, etc..)

I was gonna call the dealer tomorrow to ask but didn't know if they even replace those, as I know a lot of people have tried getting the controls for the radio as they fade fast as well.

Any ever messed with these at all?

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if the buttons are replaceable but the hvac controls on our gen. hoes are about $500

OP
OP
T

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Ebay has a control for $10, wonder if I could take a button off of it, or if the face plate comes up and you can remove them without breaking.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh buttons should come of easily. just pull the HVAC controller out. there are 4 nut looking screws. take them out and boom the faceplate is out and so are the buttons.

OP
OP
T

Teqdogg

Reaction score
Thanks Hassoun, I just pulled my dash and AC unit out to verify, those bolts are small!

I got the AC control unit for $12(+8 shipping), so if the buttons don't pop off, I will have a replacement control unit. Or I may just put it back on Ebay anyway after I switch buttons as it is functional, just an aesthetic thing for me.

I will post up to verify if the buttons swap easily.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, the buttons come out and are replaceable. i should know, i've had to mess with my damn leds that i soldered in my a/c unit enough times.

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha tell me about it. i did the blue LED interior conversion to all my dash units. it was PAINNNN. easy but requires patience!

OP
OP
T

Teqdogg

Reaction score
So I got the replacement unit today and took the 4 screws off. There is a green electrical board that I can not seem to get loose to get at the buttons. Is this supposed to come off as well? It almost looks like it is connected to the faceplate...

Vata and Hassoun, what am i missing here?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got the replacement unit today and took the 4 screws off. There is a green electrical board that I can not seem to get loose to get at the buttons. Is this supposed to come off as well? It almost looks like it is connected to the faceplate...

Vata and Hassoun, what am i missing here?

you have to take the knobs off and then the face plate will come right off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401