How can you afford the cost of a new SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are definitely a younger technician. OBD2 can tell you a lot, which is helpful, but I will take older gen stuff any day......period. Anything TBI or MPI with/without OBD2 will run FOREVER and be cheap to fix.

Once you get to AFM, DFM, DEF, etc it gets exponentially more involved and expensive to fix. COOL a new truck can get 20 mpg with 420 hp. I had a 1996 with 305hp that got 19-21 mpg. NOTHING has improved in the last 20 years (other than the 3.0 diesel) that has made any half ton greatly improved over the last versions.

If you took CAFE out of the equation and put newer motors to the same standards as say a 1996 with OBD2, then the new stuff would mop the floor in efficiency......but the EPA and big oil won't let that happen because it would cut into their profits and motives. The improvements are there, just not usable for the public
Um. We can agree to disagree. Lol

SNWMBL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is the last message on POSTING POLITICAL. I am not cleaning up any more posts. This thread will be either deleted or entirely removed next time around. It might be sooner then you think.
My fault for not reading forum rules. I’m on multiple other forums and none of them care about politics, didn’t think this one was any different.

dwlow09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Inflation is back down to 3.1%. The fed will likely start dropping interest rates again in 2024. Friends of mine who were laid off are getting jobs again. Gas prices are down again. Things are getting back to where they were before the pandemic. Remarkable, really.

That said, I agree with you that the price of these still has a long way to fall.
Don't believe what this administration tells you. They are falsifying the numbers data. Oil to shoot up because the oil tankers are not going through the suez canal anymore. They going around the cape of good hope which adds 6000 miles I hear and takes alot longer. Look at all the banks laying people off, and closing branches, look at auto makers laying people off or getting some to take early retirement. Most of these not covered in msm so as not to create panic. But it's coming. stock market about to crash and make 1929 look like 2008 crash. They manipulate the stock market. It's all about to come crashing down. Stocks, auto, homes.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't believe what this administration tells you. They are falsifying the numbers data. Oil to shoot up because the oil tankers are not going through the suez canal anymore. They going around the cape of good hope which adds 6000 miles I hear and takes alot longer. Look at all the banks laying people off, and closing branches, look at auto makers laying people off or getting some to take early retirement. Most of these not covered in msm so as not to create panic. But it's coming. stock market about to crash and make 1929 look like 2008 crash. They manipulate the stock market. It's all about to come crashing down. Stocks, auto, homes.

To be fair: always be skeptical of what ANY administration tells you (but not to the point where you do the sovereign citizen routine if you get pulled over).

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I participate here is that politics is a forbidden topic. I get enough of that BS in every other area of my life that it’s nice to have this place as a sanctuary to talk about things we have in common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts