How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a way to wire it, so that the other lights are controlled by a switch when the highs come on? i'm sure someone has probably run their system this way.

Meaning....when you have your high beams on, you want to be able to alternate between 4 HIGH amd regular HIGH mode?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meaning....when you have your high beams on, you want to be able to alternate between 4 HIGH amd regular HIGH mode?

correct. here in VA, it's illegal to have more than 4 lights on at a time. but with the highs on, all the others turn off. i would like to have the option to either have just the highs on(for inspection) or have all the lights on at the same time.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
So, do the 4-high only. Then manually push the fog button when you want them on, too. Lots of cars automatically do the 4-high for high beams (Chevy/GMC is a little backward about this, actually), so I don't think you'd be bending any rules. Just leave your fogs off for inspection.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
So, do the 4-high only. Then manually push the fog button when you want them on, too. Lots of cars automatically do the 4-high for high beams (Chevy/GMC is a little backward about this, actually), so I don't think you'd be bending any rules. Just leave your fogs off for inspection.

on 07 up it already does. But Im in va to and a cop isnt going to be able to tell all 6 are on since the low and high are so close together. Plus you turn your highbeams off anyway when close enough for someone to be able to tell.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on 07 up it already does. But Im in va to and a cop isnt going to be able to tell all 6 are on since the low and high are so close together. Plus you turn your highbeams off anyway when close enough for someone to be able to tell.

yeah, but during inspection the inspector is going to look for the high beams to come on and the low beams to go off.

i'm pretty sure if i do the relay route with the 4 or 6 way high mod, then i could wire in a switch.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
yeah, but during inspection the inspector is going to look for the high beams to come on and the low beams to go off.

i'm pretty sure if i do the relay route with the 4 or 6 way high mod, then i could wire in a switch.

If your fogs are off, why would they care if the lows stay on or not? You are still within the four-light limit. Are they really going to go, "Hey, your low-beams didn't turn off, which isn't illegal, but they were designed to, so you fail." ???

I think that is the point we are all trying to figure out. You could just turn off the fogs with the normal switch. Do the 4-high mod, keep your fogs off for inspection, and you would fall in the 4-light rule.....

saturday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I did this mod today and it was a snap. Thanks for the excellent write up. Now lets spend the rest of the time trying to avoid a ticket.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score

Go do a buddy in the inspection world if you can. My guy just slaps a sticker on and says see ya next year.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
i'll do this and then you can have your buddy send me up a new sticker when i need it. ;) :D

lol to a cop "well I was on vacation in va beach and noticed my inspection sticker was over due and me being the good law obiding citizen that I am, stopped at a local shop to have it done, thats why my sticker is from a va beach shop sir" lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk