How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
lol to a cop "well I was on vacation in va beach and noticed my inspection sticker was over due and me being the good law obiding citizen that I am, stopped at a local shop to have it done, thats why my sticker is from a va beach shop sir" lol.

I used to work at the DMV here, and you'd be surprised how many people tried to do exactly that...lol. "But I got an inspection in Florida!"

"That's great, but doesn't apply here. Each state has different standards. Thanks for visiting the DMV."

;)

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, so i ended up doing this. the 2 pack was $1.56 and it took me about 5 minutes to do. to make it easier, I flattened the ends with a hammer, which made it a lot easier to put them in with the relays.

i hope that there won't be any issues later on if i decide to take these out with the relays still fitting in there tightly.

Last edited:

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking that i probably should have soldered the resistors inline with some 14 guage wire, which would make it super easy to put into the diode peg.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just stuck 'em in, no problem...was done in a couple minutes, no flattening, no soldering, nothing

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
okay, so i ended up doing this. the 2 pack was $1.56 and it took me about 5 minutes to do. to make it easier, I flattened the ends with a hammer, which made it a lot easier to put them in with the relays.

i hope that there won't be any issues later on if i decide to take these out with the relays still fitting in there tightly.

$1.56?? You got ripped.....lol

Mine were $0.97 for a two-pack.

Still probably the cheapest mod either of us will ever do.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1.56?? You got ripped.....lol

Mine were $0.97 for a two-pack.

Still probably the cheapest mod either of us will ever do.

haha, yeah. i was expecting the $3 like the title said, but was happy when it wasn't. I can put the extra towards a tune. :D

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so after reading through this, I still don't understand this mod or what it does. Does it allow you drive around with ur high beams on all the time for the 4hi and then Lows/High/Fogs on all the time for the 6Hi?

Question 1. Why would you want to ride around with ur high beam on, especially at nights? I can see the fogs but why high beam

laydout97

05'Tahoe
Reaction score
Ok so after reading through this, I still don't understand this mod or what it does. Does it allow you drive around with ur high beams on all the time for the 4hi and then Lows/High/Fogs on all the time for the 6Hi?

Question 1. Why would you want to ride around with ur high beam on, especially at nights? I can see the fogs but why high beam

From the factory your low beam lights will turn off when switched to high. This mod will keep the low beams on when you turn the high beams on. From the factory the fog lights only work when the parking lamp and low beams are on. The 6 mod allows you to keep the fogs on with the high beams. Now if you only have low beams on, high beams wont work. This mod just makes all the lights work on high.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the factory your low beam lights will turn off when switched to high. This mod will keep the low beams on when you turn the high beams on. From the factory the fog lights only work when the parking lamp and low beams are on. The 6 mod allows you to keep the fogs on with the high beams. Now if you only have low beams on, high beams wont work. This mod just makes all the lights work on high.

Thanks for clearing that up for, I was lost as to what this mod was about :Handshake:

BTW: welcome to the forum

laydout97

05'Tahoe
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for, I was lost as to what this mod was about :Handshake:

BTW: welcome to the forum

Thanks! Ive been lurking for a few days now and decided to sign up. I did a few mods to the hoe today. White 05 LT with autoride. I debadged, painted bowtie, did the 6 hi and hidden antenna mod. These have to be the cheapest mods I have ever done to any vehicle I have owned. I think i may have spent about 3 bux on all of it...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157