How quickly did you switch out the OEM tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've swapped tires at delievery for the last few new vehicles. Dealers (GMC and Ram) have matched best price and provided decent trade in dollars (~$800 each set).

Deuce16GMCs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali comes with the stock 22 Bridgestone Alenzas and am looking at switching them to Michelin Defenders. Did you all wait until you wore down your tires or did you switch them right away?

Discount Tires does give a little bit of money for the "trade in".
I'm dealing with this same issue.

We've swapped our Brickstones on every vehicle we own with Michelins and it's dramatically better every time.

On my wife's Armada, we went through 2 sets of Brickstones. Dealer Road forced 1st set and we had 31-40 lbs of road force. Dealer ordered a second set of Brickstones and they were 29-40 lbs of road force.

Dealer approved Michelins. 3-9 lbs of road force.

Now in the 2023 Tahoe, I can feel the Brickstones' vibrations. But GM doesn't authorize a different tire brand. So I'm looking to swap tires to the Michelins on my own.

Wife is telling me to just wait until the Brickstones are worn down, but they really ruin the suspension enhancements of the truck like the air suspension and magnetic ride control.

Good to know Discount Tire offers a trade in.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had many sets of Michelin Defender LTX on two Tahoes. My dealer said he had 80,000 on his.
They are comfortable, quiet and all I need when we used to get snow in the northeast.

slickbrave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll drive straight to Discount from the dealership. I'm curious how much Discount allowed on trade-in. $800 from the dealer is interesting, but I like the lifetime rotation and balancing from Discount, and I don't think I'll have much trouble selling brand new Bridgestones online.

keithcruiser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali comes with the stock 22 Bridgestone Alenzas and am looking at switching them to Michelin Defenders. Did you all wait until you wore down your tires or did you switch them right away?

Discount Tires does give a little bit of money for the "trade in".
My 2018 Yukon XL Denali came with the Brigestones and one got a damaged sidewall at 24,000 km. I had Michelins on my 2011 Yukon and the were very nice driving. I was reluctant to replace 3 good tires but bought a set of 4 Michelin Defenders for the Denali. I have no regrets, they are very quiet, good in the rain and wear fairly well. I did discover there is a version of the Michelin that is XL, meaning they can take a higher pressure and more load. If you haul a big trailer that might be a consideration. Let me throw one more comment in here, the 22” Denali rims look great but the ride is more harsh than my 2011 with 20” wheels and identical Michelins.

tdebacker

Reaction score
Bridgestone/Firestone tires are hands down the worst tires I've ever had on any vehicle in my life.
Michelins are the best tires I've ever had. I have Defenders & love them.

I 95% agree. I think the Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2 is a great winter tire for our SUVs and half tons, but other than that, the rest are all garbage.

I will NEVER suggest Firestone's winter tire. We have it on the Expedition at work and it's the most garbage winter tire ever.

I tend to be a Nitto person. I'm looking at putting on a set of 275/60R20 Nitto Recon Grapplers on my '17 Suburban in the spring.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll drive straight to Discount from the dealership. I'm curious how much Discount allowed on trade-in. $800 from the dealer is interesting, but I like the lifetime rotation and balancing from Discount, and I don't think I'll have much trouble selling brand new Bridgestones online.
When I had the tires on the wife's Denali swapped, the dealer had the same cost as the best price I could find, they credited me $800 off that number and I got lifetime rotate. (balance is $20 if a rotate is being done at the same time)

I was happy with the above as the dealer does the oil changes and I have the rotates done at the same time, balances every 3rd.

I've been swapping to BF AT Ko2's on the last few vehicles, super happy, ecoDiesel did 80k miles on a set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts