My 2015 Yukon XL Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your water leak may be the windshield. My 2019 leaked when I bought it with 34,000 miles and the windshield people said it appeared the factory glass urethane was implied improperly. That's a long time for leaks but knock on wood it's okay.

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome write-up. My 2015 Short Wheel Base has been a great truck. My neighbor had purchased it new and I upgraded from an ‘02 Tahoe to move to the K2XX 8-passenger hauler in 2020. Rear lift gate power strut, shocks and struts and as I type It’s in for the air ride compressor, and I had to do the trans (6-speed). That sucked but still cheaper than 70k for a new Yuke. I’d like to smooth out my ride which I’ve always blamed on the optional 22” rims. I’m looking for the AT4 20” rim from a 2021-2022.
I wish it was the 6.2L that’s in the Denali, but would the Diablo Tune do much for the 5.3L?

I Will definitely be on the look-out for your posts in the future, but one other question for you and this great forum, is the seal for the upper oil pan a heavy grease that will eventually fail and leak out? I had a spot of it on my driveway after the truck sat for a week after the new trans.
i have the diablo sport hand held tuner with a 5.3. makes a big difference. when i mash the pedal there's no delay, it will spin the tires too. very customizable good purchase imho

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the diablo sport hand held tuner with a 5.3. makes a big difference. when i mash the pedal there's no delay, it will spin the tires too. very customizable good purchase imho

Have you noticed any increase in fuel economy? I'm not a speed racer now that I'm nearing my mid 30s so mashing the throttle is something I just about never do these days and performance wise I'm plenty satisfied. Also my custom modding days are behind me, if anything all I do are "factory" upgrades like roof rack, tow hooks, LED light bulbs, etc. Very "un-extreme." If it ain't broke I'm not looking to fix it and cause trouble!

OP
OP
H

Hitman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome write-up. My 2015 Short Wheel Base has been a great truck. My neighbor had purchased it new and I upgraded from an ‘02 Tahoe to move to the K2XX 8-passenger hauler in 2020. Rear lift gate power strut, shocks and struts and as I type It’s in for the air ride compressor, and I had to do the trans (6-speed). That sucked but still cheaper than 70k for a new Yuke. I’d like to smooth out my ride which I’ve always blamed on the optional 22” rims. I’m looking for the AT4 20” rim from a 2021-2022.
I wish it was the 6.2L that’s in the Denali, but would the Diablo Tune do much for the 5.3L?

I Will definitely be on the look-out for your posts in the future, but one other question for you and this great forum, is the seal for the upper oil pan a heavy grease that will eventually fail and leak out? I had a spot of it on my driveway after the truck sat for a week after the new trans.
I have not has any issues of oil leaking, however on my 07' escalade I did have that issue.

OP
OP
H

Hitman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your water leak may be the windshield. My 2019 leaked when I bought it with 34,000 miles and the windshield people said it appeared the factory glass urethane was implied improperly. That's a long time for leaks but knock on wood it's okay

OP
OP
H

Hitman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I did run a hose over the top of the truck. Tried to tape off the windshield as well-I saw another YouTube video of earlier Yukon's having issues on the top section of the glass. Mine doesn't appear to be doing that. The water seems to be coming from the lower section of the windshield area. Then the water comes down into the passenger side section by the footwell and ponds on the floor. I may have to have the glass guy reseal, I just wonder if they can actually remove the glass with out breaking it and re-install it.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I did run a hose over the top of the truck. Tried to tape off the windshield as well-I saw another YouTube video of earlier Yukon's having issues on the top section of the glass. Mine doesn't appear to be doing that. The water seems to be coming from the lower section of the windshield area. Then the water comes down into the passenger side section by the footwell and ponds on the floor. I may have to have the glass guy reseal, I just wonder if they can actually remove the glass with out breaking it and re-install it.

My glass was able to be re-used somehow. Of course I made them repair it before I bought it, no money until I got it. The dumbshits didn't sop of all of the water though, that was my job......shaking my head. Pulled up the carpeting, used towels and vacuum and a space heater, I took out a few gallons probably!

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Water leak at passenger floorboards, not AC or sunroof drain, there is an opening I can’t seem to find- still ongoing

Windshield? Upon test drive of my 2019 the windshield was leaking at the very top above the passenger dashboard, running down the windshield and in behind the dash. The windshield was removed and resealed - they said that the factory urethane from the assembly line was not applied properly.

EDIT - I see I replied the exact same comment months ago.