How quickly did you switch out the OEM tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali comes with the stock 22 Bridgestone Alenzas and am looking at switching them to Michelin Defenders. Did you all wait until you wore down your tires or did you switch them right away?

Discount Tires does give a little bit of money for the "trade in".

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the Michelin tires, ditch the Bridgestones and you won’t look back. The Bridgestones are hands down the worst tire I’ve ever experienced. My 2006 had a new set of them when I bought it used from a GMC dealer in 2015. The Bridgestones aren’t worth what the dealer charges for them and I couldn’t be happier with the now three sets of Michelin tires I’ve had in my Denali.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ditched the stocks on our slt around 5k miles. It came with the continental lx-20 fuel plus tires and they rode super smooth and quiet but the wet performance was horrible. Went with nitto ridge grapplers and I don’t think I’ll ever look at other options again, they’re fantastic

topaq

Reaction score
For improved handling with towing heavy I switched the original P rated tires to Continental Terrain Contact H/T.

nickf84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Almost immediately, basically right before the first big winter storm we had in Central Oregon. Swapped to Michelin Cross Climate 2 on 285/45/22. Amazingly good on snow and ice. Thought about getting the Michelin defenders in the proper oem 22 size, but wanted the assurance of the snow rated CC2’s. Couldn’t be happier!

Mollys70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bridgestone/Firestone tires are hands down the worst tires I've ever had on any vehicle in my life.
Michelins are the best tires I've ever had. I have Defenders & love them.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goal is to get 20-25K out of them just to say I got "Some" good out of them. Most of their current 18K life has been in a sunny climate, but I can attest that we avoided/postponed driving cross country if we knew it was going to rain/storm. Terrible no confidence tire in the wet.
Michelins are at the top of the list, but could consider others.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
just went to the dealer yesterday for an oil change, and they had it marked on the service report that my tires are in "fair" condition with 14500 miles after 8months.

Definitely do not like these tires in any wet conditions and they are not all that great in the few snowfalls we had in MI this year.

I plan on putting some Blizzaks on the OEM rims come fall, and getting a new setup with Michelins once the weather fully turns.

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will run them until they need replaced. Knowing that they won't last too long. I currently have 26.6K on mine.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ours came with Michelin energy saver tires that have 8/32 tread depth brand new. Didn't like those at all so went with Goodyears. Now at 25k miles on those and they have 9/32 tread evenly and run perfect on the open road. These days Goodyear or Michelin are now my choices for tires on anything we own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC