How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Talking about huge screens, have you seen the screen in the new Expedition? It's 15.5 inches with one big button, looks like more distracted drivers on the road soon.
That’s optional, I think it’s $750 more.

But it’s like a Tesla screen. It’s the future of these cars. The new Toyota Sequoia will have a large screen too

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately I cannot get the time away from work to buy a car. nor am i sure I'd want to spend my vacation trying to purchase a car lol

I hate dealing with car dealers and salesman so that sounds like a terrible vacation lol. Just tell me what the price is, where so I sign and thanks I don’t wanna see you again
Yes, I completely agree. That's why these forums can be a wealth of knowledge when buying a vehicle. I rather wait a few months for a streamlined process at a good price than spend a day of f'ing around at a dealership.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate dealing with car dealers and salesman so that sounds like a terrible vacation lol. Just tell me what the price is, where so I sign and thanks I don’t wanna see you again
Isn’t that how a lot of these deals are done these days? Ours was all setup a week before the Yukon hit the dealer lot, price negotiated, paperwork ready. Got to the dealership, looked it over, quick test drive, signed paperwork and gone. Would’ve been maybe an hour and a half tops if I didn’t have to wait for my wife to arrive to sign papers. Limited stock seems to make for a streamlined process at the dealership

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Isn’t that how a lot of these deals are done these days? Ours was all setup a week before the Yukon hit the dealer lot, price negotiated, paperwork ready. Got to the dealership, looked it over, quick test drive, signed paperwork and gone. Would’ve been maybe an hour and a half tops if I didn’t have to wait for my wife to arrive to sign papers. Limited stock seems to make for a streamlined process at the dealership

I’m in the Tri-State area (NY/NJ/CT) and every dealer near me is charging over MSRP but 1. I frankly asked right off the bat and I was either given a fixed amount over MSRP they’re charging, or I was told they’re charging “market value” which was higher than MSRP and they’d only be willing to discuss pricing in person. I’m not willing to pay over MSRP, nor am I willing to negotiate to a price that still leaves me over lol. But those dealers threw all the lines at me - no one is selling at MSRP. Ours is the cheapest over. We have the most allocations so you’ll never get one if you build it elsewhere no matter what they tell you. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I went with the one dealer not charging over obviously. It was one of the easiest processes of my life frankly - we built the car, he printed out the build with the MSRP, he went over the dealer fees, dmv fees etc which were minimal- actually my deposit of $500 all cover those. And he said only thing left are taxes, but we can’t calculate that until we have a finalized MSRP and VIN - because he said changes can be made along the way to your car that can subtract/add to your MSRP. Also you may qualify for incentives in a later month. So I know what MSRP is since my car hadn’t change and I can calculate taxes. Now it comes down to whether or not I want to finance through them or go outside, which I have time to decide.

If I choose to go with another dealer that was charging more, frankly it wouldn’t surprise me to find there number changed to a higher number than agreed upon when the car finally comes in. At that point, they have you by the balls. You just waited 3,4, 5 or 6 months - you agreed to pay $5k over (example), and they tell you sorry it’s now $7,500 over. You going to walk away from a $60-$70k car because of $2,500 waiting that long? That you customized? And have been dreaming about daily? I can’t imagine many people
Tell them to shove it. Because they know they’ll sell the car easily to someone else.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The times I bought a new from a dealer seemed to take all day. The Ford I bought last I had to ask the salesman to hurry because I worked 2nd shift and had to drive an hour to work, but the salesman that sold me the Yukon was a true professional, from when I first called him to when I left the lot. That visit still took 3hrs.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rivard GMC in Tampa. Ordered a Denali diesel over the internet/phone. I had 2 low mile trades. Sent pictures and got a quote in an hour. 4 months later Yukon built. Sales mgr called me to update/firm up trade figures. His offer went up $2900 on the trades making the Carvana's of the world offers look like a waste of time. Delivery day I was in and out in an hour with all paperwork completed. By the way, the official appraisal was a quick eyeball out the showroom glass. My trades were pristine.

Highly recommend the experience.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the Tri-State area (NY/NJ/CT) and every dealer near me is charging over MSRP but 1. I frankly asked right off the bat and I was either given a fixed amount over MSRP they’re charging, or I was told they’re charging “market value” which was higher than MSRP and they’d only be willing to discuss pricing in person. I’m not willing to pay over MSRP, nor am I willing to negotiate to a price that still leaves me over lol. But those dealers threw all the lines at me - no one is selling at MSRP. Ours is the cheapest over. We have the most allocations so you’ll never get one if you build it elsewhere no matter what they tell you. Blah blah blah blah blah.

I went with the one dealer not charging over obviously. It was one of the easiest processes of my life frankly - we built the car, he printed out the build with the MSRP, he went over the dealer fees, dmv fees etc which were minimal- actually my deposit of $500 all cover those. And he said only thing left are taxes, but we can’t calculate that until we have a finalized MSRP and VIN - because he said changes can be made along the way to your car that can subtract/add to your MSRP. Also you may qualify for incentives in a later month. So I know what MSRP is since my car hadn’t change and I can calculate taxes. Now it comes down to whether or not I want to finance through them or go outside, which I have time to decide.

If I choose to go with another dealer that was charging more, frankly it wouldn’t surprise me to find there number changed to a higher number than agreed upon when the car finally comes in. At that point, they have you by the balls. You just waited 3,4, 5 or 6 months - you agreed to pay $5k over (example), and they tell you sorry it’s now $7,500 over. You going to walk away from a $60-$70k car because of $2,500 waiting that long? That you customized? And have been dreaming about daily? I can’t imagine many people
Tell them to shove it. Because they know they’ll sell the car easily to someone else.
I'm about the only person on this forum that openly admits we paid over MSRP and that doesn't bother us in the slightest bit. No regrets whatsoever. We got a vehicle we really really like and didn't have to wait and worry about when it would get built and what options may or may not be available at the time it finally gets built. Other than no max tow package it's outfitted basically the same way we would have ordered one. We waited 10 days total from the day I called the dealership (it was already in transit but unsold at that point) to the day we picked it up and 4 of those I was waiting for my wife to get back from vacation...

rubio42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a 2022 Yukon XL with the 22" wheels. Love the space, but a couple of things bother me.

In the cargo area I had to purchase a cover since I can foresee that cheap plastic getting damages by the slightest contact with anything to a point that the center console where the cupholders go close to the wireless charger is already damaged. Do not know if the material on the more expensive Escalade is different, however, this wouldn't happen in a Toyota/Lexus.

Also, the Bridgestone tires do not balance properly. Had to go to the dealership at 1.5K for the tires to be balanced, and now they need to be rebalanced again. GM should have picked Michelin instead of Bridgestone IMO.

This is my wife's DD and it currently has about 3.7K miles.

Besides this, the truck is superb.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I'm about the only person on this forum that openly admits we paid over MSRP and that doesn't bother us in the slightest bit. No regrets whatsoever. We got a vehicle we really really like and didn't have to wait and worry about when it would get built and what options may or may not be available at the time it finally gets built. Other than no max tow package it's outfitted basically the same way we would have ordered one. We waited 10 days total from the day I called the dealership (it was already in transit but unsold at that point) to the day we picked it up and 4 of those I was waiting for my wife to get back from vacation...

Yeah I hear you, I mean at the end of the day it’s your money and you should spend what you’re comfortable with. For me buying this car at MSRP I am tapping towards the the max limit I want to spend. For some of the prices I was quoted, if that money wasn’t a concern I’d then just go look to buy an Escalade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia