How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I'm happy with my 2022 Tahoe RST, but it has the bench seat in the middle row, the 5.3l, and doesn't have the luxury package. I'm working a deal to trade for a brand new 2022 tahoe rst with bucket seats, diesel, and the luxury package. I placed an order for it a couple months ago and I believe it was in production last week. The dealer isn't giving me many details yet. No issues with my current tahoe other than lack of features that I want.

I never realized until coming here how people trade in cars that they buy so frequently. Like I've see a ton of people like yourself say how they a buy a brand new Tahoe/Yukon and trade them in a year later.

Is that because you're taking advantage of the used car prices, where in some cases you can trade your car back pretty close to being at breakeven?

I always would be worried that if I owned a car (not leased) and I was going to trade it in - i'd have to stop driving it entirely until I'm driving to trade it in......god forbid you get into a car accident or you return to your car in the parking lot and find a bad surprise.

booyaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never realized until coming here how people trade in cars that they buy so frequently. Like I've see a ton of people like yourself say how they a buy a brand new Tahoe/Yukon and trade them in a year later.

Is that because you're taking advantage of the used car prices, where in some cases you can trade your car back pretty close to being at breakeven?

I always would be worried that if I owned a car (not leased) and I was going to trade it in - i'd have to stop driving it entirely until I'm driving to trade it in......god forbid you get into a car accident or you return to your car in the parking lot and find a bad surprise.
The 2022 tahoe that I bought was my first new car ever. I'm taking advantage of the current used car market and getting a better vehicle for nearly the same amount of money.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to keep my Yukon for at least a couple years, with all the horror stories on here about electrical issues and lifters. I guess I'll take my chances and stick with mine for a while because I won't get one set up like this for a long time.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
The 2022 tahoe that I bought was my first new car ever. I'm taking advantage of the current used car market and getting a better vehicle for nearly the same amount of money.
This will be the first car I am buying as well (i've only leased).

How did you approach the trade in? Are you going to the same dealer? Are they committed to buying your car back once your new car is delivered and if so, do you know the price? Did they give you a specific mileage they want you to keep it under?

From what I've read on here the 2023 orders start at the end of April. Any 2022 order not accepted by GM by then will get converted to a 2023 order. And those cars won't hit production until early fall, so the first people should be taking delivery by Sept/October.

Seems like a lot of variables to take place from now until then! And like I said before, 1 accident could potentially derail your plans to do that (and i obviously hope there are none for anyone)

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overall, I'm, very happy with my Yukon AT4. It's been over 25 years since I've owned a full-sized SUV so it'll take some getting use to. I'm still learning the boundaries of how far I can push my 6.2 V8 and its maneuverability, handling, and braking capacity, but some far I'm very impressed. It is rather bulky and taller than what I remember, but it's refreshing to be able to sit up high AND have the power to overtake cocky speedsters.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I trade every few years, I think the longest I've lasted since 2006 has been 3.5 years. Shortest was 6 months and was the first (used) car I ever purchased, and I somehow got out of it without losing money.

I gave leasing a try for two of my Genesis G80s and having zero positive equity at the end didn't feel good. I also got burned with the first lease when the dealer lied to me and said I could 'pull ahead' 4 months early, and then got hit with a bill from Genesis Finance for several thousand dollars. I made the dealer eat that since I had it in writing that I could "pull ahead"

I was lucky with most of the cars I've traded in to at least break even or not lose a ton.

The 2022 Yukon is the first SUV that I've personally owned, I always went with sedans prior.

I'm financially irresponsible with cars.

My Dad was the opposite, from 1997 to 2019 he never traded anything in, just kept adding to his fleet every few years. Then he traded his '16 Sierra HD for a '20 Sierra HD Denali. This is also why I'm in a mess with a bunch of extra cars I inherited from him.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We buy with a plan to keep a vehicle for 10 years, no value left to trade in...they offered $7k on our '11 suburban when we picked up the '21 yukon so I sold it private party for $15k instead. Will pay off the yukon in a couple years and drive it debt free for another 7 or 8 years then see what the world has to offer. Hopefully it's a sports car and not another kid hauler

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to keep my '21 SLT for a couple years, then get rid of it while it still has value. Maybe I'll trade it for a '24 model if the constraints cut back.

GoHeels

Reaction score
We typically keep vehicles for 3-4 years, but with the current market, we plan to swap out much more frequently. I can buy at supplier, drive for the required 6 months, then sell at a profit. I'm about to order our next one but have been trying to see evergreen gray in person before pulling the trigger. Satin Steel is gorgeous and probably the easier resell so we may stick with that, too.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've decided to keep my 2012 Hoe and buy a CT5. The market is a bit frothy in this sector.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues