How happy are you with your 2021/22 Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I found mine it was at the railyard in town unsold, the next day it was delivered to the dealer lot, but had to wait 2 more days for rims to be delivered.
Luckily the dealers in my area (SE MI) weren't charging over MSRP when I bought mine last fall.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Met a guy at the carwash yesterday with 30K on his '21 Suburban and loves it. No issues whatsoever and he seemed shocked to learn that so many people were having lifter issues. So that's another good data point!

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Met a guy at the carwash yesterday with 30K on his '21 Suburban and loves it. No issues whatsoever and he seemed shocked to learn that so many people were having lifter issues. So that's another good data point!
That's the one I want.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on car forums for the past ~20 years. The statistical representation of car forums and the problems being discussed is nowhere close to "real world."

I've also had similar experiences where I've talked to vehicle owners out in the "real world" and they look at me like I'm speaking gibberish when I start asking them if they have XYZ problem that is being discussed at length on the forums.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the forums are a good place to vent for people because it is where complaints are better understood by members who share the same interests. Usually a better source of info than a car dealer or parts store.

Yukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would love to hear how happy (or unhappy) you guys are with your truck.
What's your experience so far?

I'm looking for one of the 2 but I'm concerned since I read all the negative reviews on edmunds.com and other places about all the flaws like lifter issues, misfired engines, etc.

Would love to understand how common these issues are. I'm driving a 2017 5.3 Yukon SLT and it just runs perfect.
However, I really in love with the new models and so I'm considering an upgrade.

That being said, I would just HATE to be in the shop or have the truck there sitting all the time because of any annoying issues, recalls, part availability, etc.

So... what's the truth here?
Mine has been fine up until last week. Major electrical issues the dealership cannot figure out. Today or left me stranded at Costco for 3 hours. Had to had it drug onto a flatbed and taken to dealership. No power at all. I’m now reading of many people that have electrical issues.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been fine up until last week. Major electrical issues the dealership cannot figure out. Today or left me stranded at Costco for 3 hours. Had to had it drug onto a flatbed and taken to dealership. No power at all. I’m now reading of many people that have electrical issues.
Sorry to hear that. What year and model is it? Hope they can fix it quickly

Yukon2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you should wait for a 2023.

I have put a total of 27,000 miles on my 21 Yukon's and believe I was the first customer in my region. For what it's worth, my first 21 SLT Yukon had every option and was a lemon. I actually filed a lemon law claim and GM settled. Traded that one in for another 21 Yukon AT4 and it has been much better. It still has some creaks and rattles with the interior, but not excessive like my first. It also has the same issue with the rear hatch kick projector light. (The GMC emblem on the grpund). They seem to wear off and fade away. It was an easy warranty replacement on my first and I will mention it during next service. I'm not a fan of the transmission or the 5.3. Lacks power in my opinion and transmission sucks in stop/go traffic. There is also a strange intermittent tapping sound in the rear that I think is related to HVAC. It sounds like a blend door actuator. Had a 2016 Expedition that made similar noise.
My AT4 has been pretty lucky with recalls. None yet and the build date is not included with lifter dates.
These trucks do look good and have lots of room. However, if your current truck is running perfect, then you should hold out a little longer. These should get more reliable and you may even get all the options you want...
Wow! I’m having major electrical issues on my 2021 Yukon Denali. Today it has to be drug onto a flatbed tow truck because it lost all power. I’m currently looking into the lemon law as well what state are you in? I could use all the help I can get right now. I paid 86k out the door new and it has 16k miles now and won’t run.

booyaltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my 2022 Tahoe RST, but it has the bench seat in the middle row, the 5.3l, and doesn't have the luxury package. I'm working a deal to trade for a brand new 2022 tahoe rst with bucket seats, diesel, and the luxury package. I placed an order for it a couple months ago and I believe it was in production last week. The dealer isn't giving me many details yet. No issues with my current tahoe other than lack of features that I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu