How are you cleaning your Yukon's stock exhaust tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Padraig

Reaction score
I have a performnce boat with through hull exhaust, The stainless tips get dull. After cleaning with soap and water I apply vinegar, let set, then wipe them down. Come out clean and shiny. Might be worth a try.

Padraig

Zoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truth be told, I don't know what kind of metal the stainless-looking exhaust tips are made of on my '23 Yukon, and also don't know what the finish on them is. Not knowing either, I didn't bother trying to brighten them up when I last washed the truck. But, I'll definitely be looking to get them cleaned up in the future.

So, what are these things made of, and what's your method of getting them clean and bright?
I use never-dull. Truckers use it on all chrome, it doesn’t scratch, cleanable and polishes. Eagle One is vendor. Get at any auto parts store.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old trick for cleaning chrome from motorcyclists that I know is to crumple up some aluminum foil and its it to rub (lightly) deposits on Chrome. I've seen the before and after looks, and it works extremely well.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
An old trick for cleaning chrome from motorcyclists that I know is to crumple up some aluminum foil and its it to rub (lightly) deposits on Chrome. I've seen the before and after looks, and it works extremely well.
Also a small soft-brass wire brush. ( softer than chrome but firmer than corrosion.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just scrub a dub, dub, with the soapy brush.........the once in a while when I ACTUALLY wash my yukons. Then follow up with a dry towel polish. Has worked for years.

I've given up on clean yukons. I have this uncanny power to wash them 1 or 2 days before a rain. If I get the urge, then I know rain or snow is coming. I DO wash them, but not as often as others. Parking on a heated floor helps keep them dry, even if they are covered in salt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts