How are you cleaning your Yukon's stock exhaust tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truth be told, I don't know what kind of metal the stainless-looking exhaust tips are made of on my '23 Yukon, and also don't know what the finish on them is. Not knowing either, I didn't bother trying to brighten them up when I last washed the truck. But, I'll definitely be looking to get them cleaned up in the future.

So, what are these things made of, and what's your method of getting them clean and bright?

TheAgency

Reaction score
P21S polishing soap occasionally. For my weekly washes, I use the same product that I use on my wheels, which is P&S Brake Buster (similar name, different brand).

I will say, stay on top of them if this sort of thing bothers you. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wash mine w/ the same detergent I use on the vehicle and water...and they are staying completely fine. Did use a little bug and tar remover on them and it took some oil spots off them that I think got kicekd up from the road. I believe they are stainless steel with a brushed finish. Do not believe there is any coating on them.

23 months in, they look like new.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I use, and it works great for me. Bought it at O'Reilly Auto Parts, I believe.

Exhaust Tips Cleaner.jpg

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, folks. So, looks like no "scrubbing" agents.... just relatively standard cleaning products?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Bug and Tarminator brand, you simply spray on and wipe. No hard rubbing or after-cleaning washing required.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used "Bar Keepers Friend" and 000 Steel wool on the stainless tips on my wife's Traverse Premier. I would imagine that they are the same type of metal. I'd wear gloves though, cleaning that crap stained my fingers dark gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019