HID retrofit w/TSX projectors: walkthrough w/pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baldd86

Reaction score
that is nothin compared to a denali projector due to the back having a big hole when the original projector is out of the housing.

baldd86

Reaction score
ad0715ef-3e50-8b2f.jpg

This is what I mean, the mormito would just sit inside without anything holding it
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Added a couple of pics to the beginning with new bulbs/ballasts.

Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense bulbs with 50w Morimoto ballasts.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Do you like the CBI's with the 50w? I had 50w for years and they were cheap ballasts. If you turned the lights on after you had been driving, it would cut out the Subwoofer frequency on the amp...only if you had been driving though! If you started the car in the dark and the lights came on automatically it was fine. I couldn't stand that anymore so it was back to OEM 35w Philips ballasts.

Since you have changed yours I just might have to as well!! :-D

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Do you like the CBI's with the 50w? I had 50w for years and they were cheap ballasts. If you turned the lights on after you had been driving, it would cut out the Subwoofer frequency on the amp...only if you had been driving though! If you started the car in the dark and the lights came on automatically it was fine. I couldn't stand that anymore so it was back to OEM 35w Philips ballasts.

Since you have changed yours I just might have to as well!! :-D

I do like them. A lot. With the 50w ballasts the lights aren't as "blue" as some would expect from these, but they live up to their reputation on brightness. Increased my throw a lot.

The 50w Morimoto ballasts are probably a "best value" high-watt ballast. They work well and are quality for around $100. Yes, you can get cheapo DDM's and others for a lot less, but I've had zero ignition issues.

I'm not going to tell you it's all worth $300 for a little more light, because that's pretty subjective, but I'm personally pleased with the results.

Hamlet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do like them. A lot. With the 50w ballasts the lights aren't as "blue" as some would expect from these, but they live up to their reputation on brightness. Increased my throw a lot.

The 50w Morimoto ballasts are probably a "best value" high-watt ballast. They work well and are quality for around $100. Yes, you can get cheapo DDM's and others for a lot less, but I've had zero ignition issues.

I'm not going to tell you it's all worth $300 for a little more light, because that's pretty subjective, but I'm personally pleased with the results.

Hey,

Was wondering if your friend was willing to do another set of lights if I provide and ship him all the parts and pay him for his time? If so how much would he charge.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Hey,

Was wondering if your friend was willing to do another set of lights if I provide and ship him all the parts and pay him for his time? If so how much would he charge.

I can ask. He's a pretty busy guy, so not sure if he has or wants to make time for another project right now, but I'll let you know.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten about this, but I haven't talked to him in quite a while. I was out of town for several weeks and haven't managed to get ahold of him yet. I did see him driving the other day, though, so I know he's around....lol.

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten about this, but I haven't talked to him in quite a while. I was out of town for several weeks and haven't managed to get ahold of him yet. I did see him driving the other day, though, so I know he's around....lol.

Any word on this. I would also like to know if he would do the job. Just need to know what I need to buy and will ship and pay $$ for his time.