Help me decide!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well, heres the deal. i want to lower my 05 tahoe either 2-3/3-5 inches. the thing is im going to keep the stock 16s during winter so we can still hit the mountains. im trying to find the whole shebang. coils, keys/spindle, shock ext, shocks. heres a few setups i have in mind, any pros and cons of each setup will be great.

2-3/4 (keep it simple)
keys
belltech procoils (3-4)
shock ext
bilsteins all around

or

2-3/4
16in mcgauhy spindle (modded to get full steering)
belltech procoils (3-4)
shock ext
billsteins all around

or

3-3/4
djm lca (can i crank up the tbar a bit to get a 2-2.5 in drop?)
belltech procoils (3-4)
shock ext
shocks? i know bilsteins will work out back, but what shocks can i run up front with the djm lca?

ill be using stock size 16s and 24s (305/35). i would like the front to sit a tad bit lower just incase i have to pack in friends, luggage etc. any help is greatly appreciated! thanks guys

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3-3/4
djm lca (can i crank up the tbar a bit to get a 2-2.5 in drop?)"""YEP"""
belltech procoils (3-4)
shock ext

i LOVE this setup... not sure about front shocks.. but im sure belltech has something thatll work

OP
OP

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
3-3/4
djm lca (can i crank up the tbar a bit to get a 2-2.5 in drop?)"""YEP"""
belltech procoils (3-4)
shock ext

i LOVE this setup... not sure about front shocks.. but im sure belltech has something thatll work

oh ya, alignment wont be an issue right? i would hate to get the LCA setup and have to get the UCA just for it to align.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm 3 inch lower a arms ive never had issues.

spindles/keys for 3 inches i have had issues for alignment.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

honeslty id do a 3/5 but you can do a 2.5/4 if needed with the belltech pro coils. Sent yah a price on all of it also. If you see it anywhere for cheaper shoot me a link ill beat anyones prices.

OP
OP

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
djm 3 inch lower a arms ive never had issues.

spindles/keys for 3 inches i have had issues for alignment.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

honeslty id do a 3/5 but you can do a 2.5/4 if needed with the belltech pro coils. Sent yah a price on all of it also. If you see it anywhere for cheaper shoot me a link ill beat anyones prices.

hmm i didnt get the PM? maybe resend it. thanks

whats the difference between the belltech procoil and their regular drop coil? do they ride the same. im looking for something that will ride nice and firm.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THE PROcoil is a 4 inch drop coil but you can set it up for a 3 inch also by the spacers they give.

id do 3/5 DJM drop with belltech street performance shocks all around
or
the set up your looking to do with the 4 inch rear belltech spring. Then add in the belltech front/rear swaybars.

OP
OP

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THE PROcoil is a 4 inch drop coil but you can set it up for a 3 inch also by the spacers they give.

id do 3/5 DJM drop with belltech street performance shocks all around
or
the set up your looking to do with the 4 inch rear belltech spring. Then add in the belltech front/rear swaybars.

id drop the rear 5in but i think its a bit much. i would if it were my tahoe, but its my chicks.

what type of shocks would i need for the djm lca? eye to eye setup?

damn too much stuff i cant make up my mind...

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm is stem/eye set up in front. f

OP
OP

1highbaldguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
who makes shocks for the djm are comparable to bilstein hd? i only wwant to drop it once and not keep switching up the setups. trying to get it done right the first time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900