Heavy Duty Tie Rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw those sleeves. Looked kind of gemicky.

Curious, are the 2500 or 3500 ones a fit for 1500 chasis... ? If so are they a better part?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Adds support to the weakest part. Not sure what's gimmicky about that.

It's that or $250 for rare parts brand or 300+ for heims and dom.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but it is still weak at ends... honestly though I am search and ppl seem to like the sleeves. Maybe they are the best option.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw those sleeves. Looked kind of gemicky.

Curious, are the 2500 or 3500 ones a fit for 1500 chasis... ? If so are they a better part?

Yeah but it is still weak at ends... honestly though I am search and ppl seem to like the sleeves. Maybe they are the best option.

The ends are not the typical failure point. I mean sure they wear out but that's not what breaks with big tires or launches.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes since. Probably the most reasonable route then is a nice moog? The proforged part had some bad reviews with the boots and joint. I'm going to keep an eye on the rare parts thought to see if I can snag a set of returns for cheap lol

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes since. Probably the most reasonable route then is a nice moog? The proforged part had some bad reviews with the boots and joint. I'm going to keep an eye on the rare parts thought to see if I can snag a set of returns for cheap lol
IIRC for some reason the MOOG problem solver inners are just slightly too big for the sleeves. Might want to look into that. Maybe AC Delco pro + the sleeves is a good bet.

MaBs413

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the rare parts tie rods in my 03 Yukon Xl... They are awesome.... i found out about rare parts on this forum...

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the rare parts tie rods in my 03 Yukon Xl... They are awesome.... i found out about rare parts on this forum...
They definitely look great, I am curious about the ROI. You think there is a noticable difference for the driver compared to a quality set like ac delco pro or MOOG problem solvers? I'd imagine yes if you are running real big tires, but at stock or lowered I am skeptical.

AZGOAT

Reaction score
I drive on old forest roads a lot with my truck. I am curious, do they make a decent yet affordable heavy duty tie rod? I see a couple brands but they're around $300. Or do the HD trucks have better tie rods? My 2001 Z71 looks like they put pencils on for tie rods.

yea i tired of the match stick tie rods aswell so im doing alittle upgrading tie rod hhd.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts