Heavy Duty Tie Rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive on old forest roads a lot with my truck. I am curious, do they make a decent yet affordable heavy duty tie rod? I see a couple brands but they're around $300. Or do the HD trucks have better tie rods? My 2001 Z71 looks like they put pencils on for tie rods.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to order them on Amazon and it mentioned people were not liking the boots on that inner tie rod. Then watched a review on youtube. It doesn't seem much different than the factory tie rod. Maybe I'm fine with factory ones... These are the ones that caught my eye but seem damn expensive for a tie rod: HERE

This is another set but just looks like fancier machine work: HERE

I just pulled from Amazon. I think they make versions that fit the tahoe, but I believe those are for the Duramax, or maybe duramax parts work on the tahoe not sure.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I went to order them on Amazon and it mentioned people were not liking the boots on that inner tie rod. Then watched a review on youtube. It doesn't seem much different than the factory tie rod. Maybe I'm fine with factory ones... These are the ones that caught my eye but seem damn expensive for a tie rod: HERE

This is another set but just looks like fancier machine work: HERE

I just pulled from Amazon. I think they make versions that fit the tahoe, but I believe those are for the Duramax, or maybe duramax parts work on the tahoe not sure.

I'm pretty sure they make them. The Rare and Kryptonite stuff is both pricey and beastly, that's for sure.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pricier can also be because they make way more of the standard ones when they tool up to make them and they make less of the H/D ones so tooling up gets more expensive in the long run plus the extra cost of the materials.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make sleeves that beef them up for way less money.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw those sleeves. Looked kind of gemicky.

Curious, are the 2500 or 3500 ones a fit for 1500 chasis... ? If so are they a better part?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1