Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UAEdunes

Reaction score
Hi,

Just seeing if anyone has the ARH Headers? https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/gm-truck/products/gm-truck-5-3l-2019-2020-long-system

Do they fit perfectly? The page says 19-21 but the link address says 19-20. I haven’t got a definitive response from ARH. Stainless Works says theirs only fit up to 2020 and they’re working on a 2021 version.

But I like the ARH because they offer 1-3/4 which should be better for low down/daily driver than 1-7/8.

If anyone has any idea on these all info greatly appreciated!

Thank you

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just seeing if anyone has the ARH Headers? https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/gm-truck/products/gm-truck-5-3l-2019-2020-long-system

Do they fit perfectly? The page says 19-21 but the link address says 19-20. I haven’t got a definitive response from ARH. Stainless Works says theirs only fit up to 2020 and they’re working on a 2021 version.

But I like the ARH because they offer 1-3/4 which should be better for low down/daily driver than 1-7/8.

Thank you
Can't answer your question but enjoyed watching you guys play on those awesome dunes over there! How do you get all the sand out afterwards or does it stay?

OP
OP
U

UAEdunes

Reaction score
Can't answer your question but enjoyed watching you guys play on those awesome dunes over there! How do you get all the sand out afterwards or does it stay?
Thanks, will post some videos of the car and dune bashing once I’ve got my intake, exhaust, suspension and wheels all set up!

bradbunce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you
I talked to ARH and to another performance shop and they said that these will fit the 2021 Tahoe 5.3L: https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/gm-truck/products/gm-truck-5-3l-2019-2020-long-system

I ordered them 2 weeks ago and I'm having a shop install them. That being said, I just got a phone call this morning to tell me that the 2021 Tahoe I have has the same new ECU that the new Corvette has... and that the HP Tuners don't work yet. Apparently these new ECUs only allow for over-the-air (wireless) programming and it sounds like any custom tunes get reset when they are detected remotely by GM. Speed shop also said they have seen "problems" with ARH headers... they didn't give me any specifics, but I'm not sure what the problems would be. In any case, if these headers don't fit on without mods they won't be installed and I'll be sending them back. I ordered this version to match up with the Corsa cat back and air box (already installed, holy crap what a difference): 150380. This 2021 Z71 is my daily driver so I got the ones with the cats so I don't fail emmissions. If all goes well, I'll update my profile with pictues of the Tahoe

bradbunce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I meant to update folks on this topic. I stopped the order on the headers and the supercharger. After talking with the shop that was going to do the dyno tune they informed me that they can’t tune the new Tahoe models because GM put the locked ECU in them. So until there is a way for the aftermarket to tune, there’s no benefit to doing these additional mods. Many other newer GM and Ford vehicles apparently have new encrypted/locked ECUs
I talked to ARH and to another performance shop and they said that these will fit the 2021 Tahoe 5.3L: https://americanracingheaders.com/collections/gm-truck/products/gm-truck-5-3l-2019-2020-long-system

I ordered them 2 weeks ago and I'm having a shop install them. That being said, I just got a phone call this morning to tell me that the 2021 Tahoe I have has the same new ECU that the new Corvette has... and that the HP Tuners don't work yet. Apparently these new ECUs only allow for over-the-air (wireless) programming and it sounds like any custom tunes get reset when they are detected remotely by GM. Speed shop also said they have seen "problems" with ARH headers... they didn't give me any specifics, but I'm not sure what the problems would be. In any case, if these headers don't fit on without mods they won't be installed and I'll be sending them back. I ordered this version to match up with the Corsa cat back and air box (already installed, holy crap what a difference): 150380. This 2021 Z71 is my daily driver so I got the ones with the cats so I don't fail emmissions. If all goes well, I'll update my profile with pictues of the

OP
OP
U

UAEdunes

Reaction score
Anyone else put headers on? I’m looking to put a set of 1-3/4 with Gen 2 Gesi Cats and hopefully will be fine without a tune. Otherwise will fork out the $800 to HP Tuners

OP
OP
U

UAEdunes

Reaction score
Here’s a pic of the headers I’m looking to put on but will add a GESI 50230 or 50200 each side between the sensor bungs. Hopefully will work well without CEL.

My question is, anyone know the stock exhaust port size? These pictured headers have 1-7/8” primaries but I’m wondering if I’m better off getting 1-3/4” or even 1-5/8”? Not looking for outright power/numbers, I want good drivability around the city and sand dunes and ok economy when on cruise control.

I’ll probably get the same company to continue the piping all the way back with a high flow quiet resonator they have. This one pictured has a 2-3/4” exit to mate up to the stock catback but if they do the whole system then a single 3” all the way should be good? Or stick to 2-3/4”?

Any comments on these headers/workmanship, primaries size or otherwise welcome.

Thank you!

IMG_7841.jpegIMG_7843.jpegIMG_7842.jpegIMG_7838.jpeg

Last edited: