2003 Yukon Denali exhaust options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBIII

Reaction score
I searched and skimmed a few threads but I didn't see what I was looking for so hopefully this isn't a repost and if it is, hopefully someone can send me to the information I need.

I'm planning exhaust for my 03 Denali. I have TSP 1 7/8 headers for the truck and an older model pacesetter y-pipe that fits TSP headers which came out of my RCSB 4x4 Silverado with TSP 1 3/4 headers before that truck went turbo.

First question -
As the pacesetter https://www.jegs.com/i/Pace-Setter/766/82-1176/10002/-1 is supposedly the same as the TSP https://www.texas-speed.com/p-3855-...uv-3-off-road-y-pipe-304-stainless-steel.aspx, I assume I'll be able to use the same y pipe on the different headers in this vehicle. My question is, who has done this/TSP's y pipe on the denali? I know there are some fitment issues, but I don't understand why it'd work in the 4WD vehicles, but not AWD. Can anyone touch on this?

Second question -
I notice the exhaust is dual except for the muffler. I assume the y pipe and a traditional catback system won't cause me any issues, but I'm all ears if there's something I'm overlooking.

Assuming the y pipe fits and clears ok, I need to do a catback.

Third question -
I currently have a walker catback with an XR1 muffler in it (Unsure of length, but the catback also came from my RCSB) but I'm not certain it'll fit. What catback did you all use?

As this is still my DD, I'm not super keen on yanking 200k+ stock exhaust off of it hoping what I have will fit and finding out a piece at a time but as long as I can hang the headers/Y, the catback wouldn't be terrible to figure out I don't think. Reuse Walker and replace muffler if I need a different length one.

TL;DR what FULL exhaust setups do you have on your AWD-specific vehicle (Denali, Escalade, the odd few Tahoes that have it) and what issues did you run into while installing?

Thanks!

OP
OP
C

CBIII

Reaction score
Dang. I was concerned there'd be too much info and lose track of my point. No one has done exhaust on their gmt800 denali?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar