Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I wonder if he’s gotten any more orders. He said 3 orders last time and I ordered 2 T’s.

I don't know... I also don't know if he is talking about orders being pairs since the trucks take 2.

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something ain’t right with his math then. I pre ordered and I know that one other person definitely did and another that probably did it yesterday.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something ain’t right with his math then. I pre ordered and I know that one other person definitely did and another that probably did it yesterday.
That was like a week and a half ago. I’ll email him for an update.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw kbuskill's NBS post, and I'll take your word its the same part that we have. Mine cracked and broke last year. I lost all my coolant, and if I hadn't been wanting another glimpse at the good looking truck in my rear view, I would have overheated. My trail was half as wide as my truck, and my temp shot up to near overheating in less than 1/2 a mile. I pulled over right away and had a little trouble figuring it out not knowing about this problem. When I noticed it was a cracked piece, I was just too far and too late to make it to the closest auto parts on foot. I had to use my roadside assistance to get it home. The plastic piece was about $10, then another 2 gallons of coolant, well there's the cost of this thing right there.

When this happened I was only five miles from home. Had I not been taking a second look at the nice truck behind me, I wouldn't have noticed the trail right away, and probably would have overheated. I'm guessing those of you in the excessive hot climates like me in Phoenix, this is even more of a concern, as we get dried out rubber and plastic worse than everyone else.

This is not in my budget at the moment, but I do like the idea, and it could have already benefited me. I didn't bother looking, but it should be the same piece on the pickups too. If you haven't posted on silveradosierra.com that should get you some people on the group buy.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw kbuskill's NBS post, and I'll take your word its the same part that we have. Mine cracked and broke last year. I lost all my coolant, and if I hadn't been wanting another glimpse at the good looking truck in my rear view, I would have overheated. My trail was half as wide as my truck, and my temp shot up to near overheating in less than 1/2 a mile. I pulled over right away and had a little trouble figuring it out not knowing about this problem. When I noticed it was a cracked piece, I was just too far and too late to make it to the closest auto parts on foot. I had to use my roadside assistance to get it home. The plastic piece was about $10, then another 2 gallons of coolant, well there's the cost of this thing right there.

When this happened I was only five miles from home. Had I not been taking a second look at the nice truck behind me, I wouldn't have noticed the trail right away, and probably would have overheated. I'm guessing those of you in the excessive hot climates like me in Phoenix, this is even more of a concern, as we get dried out rubber and plastic worse than everyone else.

This is not in my budget at the moment, but I do like the idea, and it could have already benefited me. I didn't bother looking, but it should be the same piece on the pickups too. If you haven't posted on silveradosierra.com that should get you some people on the group buy.
It is indeed the same part as the Silverado/Sierra (they just use 1). I think it goes as far back as the gmt400 chassis but can’t say for certain. If anybody is on said forum they should post up.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is indeed the same part as the Silverado/Sierra (they just use 1). I think it goes as far back as the gmt400 chassis but can’t say for certain. If anybody is on said forum they should post up.

IMO, anyone on these boards should be a member over there too. Other than the back half of the body, and a few things, most of all the working bits are the same thing. The truck forum has twice as many members (100K to 50K) and there really is A LOT of good information that relates. I would think its probably the second place to look for anything you think you might find here, but can't.

That and a lot of the stuff that you guys pull and sell, they are looking to buy up quick.. ;) (I know for NBS the Tahoe rear brakes are an upgrade, and the center consoles are sought after. Have you ever wanted a full bench seat in your SUV (+ some cash on a swap)? body mods, wheels, a lot of stuff that people want to swap, just because its different. How about a Silverado 03+ front on an NBS Tahoe... ETC....

Last edited:
OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I was thinking the pickups wouldn't require a T-connector because they didn't have rear heat.

Am I mistaken in this logic?

Do the pickups have a rear heater core like the SUVs???

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the pickups wouldn't require a T-connector because they didn't have rear heat.

Am I mistaken in this logic?

Do the pickups have a rear heater core like the SUVs???
No but they still use a single T for the heater core (I don’t have a truck anymore to look at)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz