Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul had said he had 3 orders so far (that includes my 2) and was going to start “after a few more”

jasonc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As we all know, the plastic T-connector "quick disconnects" that connect our heater hoses to the heater core in the front and tee off to the rear heater core are prone to getting brittle and cracking and leaking or just breaking off all together (both have happened to me) and dumping all the engine coolant at once.

I mentioned in a thread the other day that Gruven should build these out of metal as they do there brass mirror gears for our trucks...
http://www.gruvenparts.com/gruvenpa...-2007-2014-gm-trucks-folding-mirror-assembly/
These are great replacement parts BTW.

Well I sent Gruven an email the other day and suggested it to them and after exchanging a few emails, and me agreeing to do a little leg work, they have decided to produce them for us out of Billet aluminum.

I am not certain when they will be available as of yet because they still have to build the prototypes and send them to me for testing but I doubt it will take very long from the sounds of it.

I am hoping that it will be a similar "quick disconnect" type of fitting but that is yet to be determined. It may end up being a barbed type connector which would still be functional but would be a little harder to install due to how the cowl sticks out over top of the connectors at the firewall.

Anyway I just wanted to give you guys a heads up and I will keep you all posted on how it works out.

I will post pics once I have the prototypes in hand.
They will make them as soon as 10 are ordered prototype is already on there websight thanks man

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess people like the idea of potentially losing all their coolant this coming winter

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I guess people like the idea of potentially losing all their coolant this coming winter

Or spring... or summer.... or well, really anytime potentially... which will be the worst time possible... at least that's how it worked out for me.

Narrow 2 lane winding road pulling a trailer with 4 motorcycles up the side of a mountain with no place to pull over and BAM broken T-connector.

Lost all the coolant, finally found a wide spot to pull over. Had to bypass the heater core entirely and refill the radiator from melted ice in my cooler... yes it's a really big cooler.

I sure hope Gruven gets enough interest to build these as I hope to never replace them again.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if he’s gotten any more orders. He said 3 orders last time and I ordered 2 T’s.