Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I replaced mine 1 1/2 ago, due to my error. I leaned on it trying to fix something else, so then I had 2 issues--stuck on the side of the road. Bought a new GM replacement.View attachment 222395 View attachment 222396 View attachment 222397 View attachment 222399 View attachment 222398
How do they disconnect from the heater core? My 2001 stopped putting out front heat this past winter and I want to flush the core. Also, what are the GM part #s for these, I should probably replace them while I have them disconnected.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How do they disconnect from the heater core? My 2001 stopped putting out front heat this past winter and I want to flush the core. Also, what are the GM part #s for these, I should probably replace them while I have them disconnected.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
From what I remember--yes. I leaned on it accidentally and broke it. Here's the part #.Screenshot_20190505-115732_Gallery.jpg
From what I remember it was pretty reasonable.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
Black one 15055342
White one 15055343

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, aside from the color, they are dimensionally identical and interchangeable.
Actually, the white one tees off at a 90 degree angle while the black one angles forward in the engine compartment, I believe because that hard line that connects to it sits higher up on the firewall, where the angle of the firewall changes. It’s probably angled so that hard line maintains its distance from the firewall. Otherwise, believe me, GM would not have wasted money designing, manufacturing and stocking separate parts where one would have worked just as well.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Actually, the white one tees off at a 90 degree angle while the black one angles forward in the engine compartment, I believe because that hard line that connects to it sits higher up on the firewall, where the angle of the firewall changes. It’s probably angled so that hard line maintains its distance from the firewall. Otherwise, believe me, GM would not have wasted money designing, manufacturing and stocking separate parts where one would have worked just as well.

I'm not 100% certain about angles but the inlet and outlet dimensions are the same.

My understanding, from the research I have done, indicated that the difference in color was more for easy identification as to which hose went where while the vehicle was traveling down the assembly line.... but who knows... all I know is the inlet and outlet sizes are the same.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% certain about angles but the inlet and outlet dimensions are the same.

My understanding, from the research I have done, indicated that the difference in color was more for easy identification as to which hose went where while the vehicle was traveling down the assembly line.... but who knows... all I know is the inlet and outlet sizes are the same.
No need to take my word for it, here you go. The color difference is most likely because the 2 are so similar. Different for a reason though.

8AD85880-35DB-4B8A-868B-F58A2F89D754.jpeg