Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I replaced mine 1 1/2 ago, due to my error. I leaned on it trying to fix something else, so then I had 2 issues--stuck on the side of the road. Bought a new GM replacement.View attachment 222395 View attachment 222396 View attachment 222397 View attachment 222399 View attachment 222398

Yikes! That is the scenario im talking about, the fact that you were able to get that done on the side of the road is crazy. add to it the coolant mess and heat! To all those reading these post's i strongly advise doing this PITA "simple" job in your driveway!

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

Also to those viewing these great pic's, In an emergency side of the road situation you can cut the hose just aft of the white T connector. Completely remove the hose from the water pump that connects to the black T connector and install the cut end of the white fitting hose to the waterpump and create a loop circuit and down the road you go!

oldtimer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My hose parted at the quick connect fitting, while on the road Friday evening.
Looked at what I had on hand in tool bag, turns out extensions for 3/8 drive ratchet are a tight fit in and of hose so i drove one into each of the open ends, and drove home.
Cut broken hose, stuffed large bolt in end & applied hose clamp.
No way to plug "T" fitting, so I cut other hose and plugged with bolt.
Drove all weekend with no heater.
Monday morning will order new hoses and "T" fittings and replace every thing.

hose.JPG

O7 Denali with 167000 miles

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts