Heater core hose to water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning, Gents!

I'm replacing my water pump because whoever replaced it before me didn't seal it correctly, and it has been slowly leaking. I've done this on other Tahoes, so it's not a big deal. While removing the hoses, I *think* I noticed that whoever did it before might have mixed up the heater core hose lines. The way it is currently connected (looking into the engine), the right core hose is connected to the left port on the water pump. Shouldn't it be that the right hose connects to the right port? I'm hoping this is making sense. If that's correct, it might explain why I'm hearing gurgling while running the heater.

I can't find a diagram of the hose layout on a 2001 Tahoe, so if anyone has one, that would be great.

As always, thanks again!

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both for the responses!

The picture shows that your lines are connected right to right, left to left...but the diagram shows how mine is currently connected.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm concluding that it doesn't make a difference. I've watched about 10 videos about replacing these hoses; some are right-to-right, and some are right-to-left. I'll switch mine to right-to-right and see if it solves my gurgling problem. If I'm wrong, it's only expensive anti-freeze that I'm wasting. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts