Gruven heater core T-connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'd replace all the plastic connectors with a coolant change, and definitely with ACDelco. Change the heater hoses as well, especially the "Y".

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Just crawling under and looking around on the 08 xl denali and noticed the rear heat has the same plastic disconnects/hoses. I just finished replacing the hoses/T's under the hood. Are the rear heat components/hoses that are located at the back of the vehicle failing at the same rate??

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just crawling under and looking around on the 08 xl denali and noticed the rear heat has the same plastic disconnects/hoses. I just finished replacing the hoses/T's under the hood. Are the rear heat components/hoses that are located at the back of the vehicle failing at the same rate??
I’ve never heard of one those failing, in fact this is the first I’ve even heard they are back there. I wonder if it’s because the rear heaters are rarely used so the hot coolant isn’t circulating through those very often?

Reaction score
I'm guessing the main cause of failures on the front ones is due to either heat from the engine or them getting stressed when hoses are moved when working on the engine.

The ones in the back aren't exposed to that.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’ve never heard of one those failing, in fact this is the first I’ve even heard they are back there. I wonder if it’s because the rear heaters are rarely used so the hot coolant isn’t circulating through those very often?

The heater core in the rear has coolant flowing through it all the time... same as the front... it just has a diverter for the air flow... same as the front.

My guess is that the plastic degrades more rapidly on the front ones due to the fact that they are directly above the exhaust manifold.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods