GM Tech 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I have the Autel AL619 for OBD/ABS/SRS from Amazon for about $105. Worked fine on my wife's Torrent for ABS issues and for a bad O2 sensor on the Yukon. It even comes with removable SD card for updates.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got tired of not being able to access ABS, SRS, Etc. with my regular scanner and I ordered a Tech 2 Clone. $240.05 shipped...what the heck.
Ive been looking at a Tech2 clone for a while, let us know what you think!

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your local Craig's list. You might be surprised what you could find. I picked up a snapon scanner for home for 500 home
Thats a hell of a deal, A Brick with all the Chips?

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a hell of a deal, A Brick with all the Chips?
Thats a crappy deal. Its a essentially a high priced scanner. The tech 2 can do all that it can do PLUS reprogram the PCM, BCM and other cool tricks. Its the same tool the GM Stealership techs use to troubleshoot and program autos that are brought in for service. Need a used PCM or BCM programmed to your auto? Need a custom tune program put on your PCM? The Tech 2 will do it.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a crappy deal. Its a essentially a high priced scanner. The tech 2 can do all that it can do PLUS reprogram the PCM, BCM and other cool tricks. Its the same tool the GM Stealership techs use to troubleshoot and program autos that are brought in for service. Need a used PCM or BCM programmed to your auto? Need a custom tune program put on your PCM? The Tech 2 will do it.

We all know what a tech2 is, but unless you have a Global Connect Login you aren't Reflashing shit, basically you have a bcm,abs,pcm scanner with limited editing tools.A wicked old strapon brick with all the Chips was worth like 7500$ back in the day. So picking one up for 1/10 of the base cost is a wicked score. If it is infact a brick, he hasn't commented back, maybe he has a solus pro with a oscilloscope.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all know what a tech2 is, but unless you have a Global Connect Login you aren't Reflashing shit, basically you have a bcm,abs,pcm scanner with limited editing tools.
You are incorrect. Never heard of TIS2000 and the crack that authorizes it, huh? Dont know where to get the bootleg files on the net either?

Last edited:

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are incorrect. Never heard of TIS2000 and the crack that authorizes it, huh? Dont know where to get the bootleg files on the net either?
Tell me more

I never thought/looked into cracked GM files.. thats wicked.. but i guess! I use a rolled back Copy of Cummins Insite and a Inline Clone almost on a daily.. never tried flashing tho dont really want to foot print a ecm and be out 5k and a dealer bill for flashing..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA