GM Tech 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh deadly bud, just googled the shit out of tis2000...
for give my neigh sayings .. hope the tech2 is good quality!

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me more

I never thought/looked into cracked GM files.. thats wicked.. but i guess! I use a rolled back Copy of Cummins Insite and a Inline Clone almost on a daily.. never tried flashing tho dont really want to foot print a ecm and be out 5k and a dealer bill for flashing..
TIS2000 is the software that links your Tech 2 to to the PCM for flashing. There a couple ways to legitimize it. One being with an internal software crack file on the laptop used to write the PCM. The other is a USB Dongle that has the cracked file in it. It can all be downloaded from the net for free. There are limitations on autos above 2008 or so. Then once you hit 2013 IIRC GM went to a whole different interface making the Tech 2 obsolete and unusable. If you screw up a PCM, no worries. Grab a used one thats compatible and start over. They arent $5k at a salvage yard. Many times they can be had for less than $50. There are some that are cross compatible and just need your original VIN and file assigned and you are back in business. Best bet when you start is to look across the net for known compatible PCMs for your application. Many times odd ball autos that nobody really lines up at the salvage yard for and those can be had for $10-20 on ebay all day long. The guys running an LS1 in their GM Trucks/Suvs commonly start off with a corvette file. Deleting stuff that isnt wanted or needed. Of course tuning is a whole different ball game, one which I have much to learn. No more playing around with the battery leads to get a K chassis to relearn a new TPS sensor or debug the rear hvac module. The tech 2 will take care of it. Once I nab some Helm manuals for our chassis....then I can decode many common electronic/electrical problems in our chassis.. I didnt start playing with electronics at the age of 12 to never use it. I was raised around it, went to college for it, Your federal tax dollars paid for me to get more training while in the service. been working in electronics for decades. When I was 26 my daily job was repairing the F/A-18C Hornet. 12 of them were in my squadron.

Last edited:

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TIS2000 is the software that links your Tech 2 to to the PCM for flashing. There a couple ways to legitimize it. One being with an internal software crack file on the laptop used to write the PCM. The other is a USB Dongle that has the cracked file in it. It can all be downloaded from the net for free. There are limitations on autos above 2008 or so. Then once you hit 2013 IIRC GM went to a whole different interface making the Tech 2 obsolete and unusable. If you screw up a PCM, no worries. Grab a used one thats compatible and start over. They arent $5k at a salvage yard. Many times they can be had for less than $50. There are some that are cross compatible and just need your original VIN and file assigned and you are back in business. Best bet when you start is to look across the net for known compatible PCMs for your application. Many times odd ball autos that nobody really lines up at the salvage yard for and those can be had for $10-20 on ebay all day long. The guys running an LS1 in their GM Trucks/Suvs commonly start off with a corvette file. Deleting stuff that isnt wanted or needed. Of course tuning is a whole different ball game, one which I have much to learn. No more playing around with the battery leads to get a K chassis to relearn a new TPS sensor or debug the rear hvac module. The tech 2 will take care of it. Once I nab some Helm manuals for our chassis....then I can decode many common electronic/electrical problems in our chassis.. I didnt start playing with electronics at the age of 12 to never use it. I was raised around it, went to college for it, Your federal tax dollars paid for me to get more training while in the service. been working in electronics for decades. When I was 26 my daily job was repairing the F/A-18C Hornet. 12 of them were in my squadron.

Too cool!, Im glad everything got backdoor'd for the Tech2, I guess with the launch of MDI and the new OS in 13 they dumped the proprietary secret for the older stuff a little. I meant cummins ISX15 ECM's are about 5k..used lol, if and when you do get into tuning Pick up HP Tuners and ill give you a hand with anything you need, been on that for a few years tuning ls and Lt's. What was it like working on fighter jets? Is everything the same or different between unit's? Im sure "basket cases" even exist in aviation, I'm in canada so theirs no need to thank me for my tax dollars!

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm in NY and if anyone can reprogram my locks on my 08 I am in need to remove the auto lock for a nominal fee.

OP
OP
rockola1971

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thumbs Up! The ****** tech 2 is good to go! Best $240 ive spent in awhile! It came in just last friday. Ordered 1/16/17 and received 1/21/17 FROM CHINA! Via DHL. Works and looks just like the real deal. I had a friend use it that use to be a mechanic at a stealership and he actually thought it was the real deal. I told him what I paid for it and that it was a ****** clone, he couldnt believe it. hahaha

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rockola1971, do you have a link for the tech 2 you purchased? Message me if you don't want to put it up on here if you wouldn't mind! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84

Latest posts