GM/Brembo Performance brakes - thoughts + pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He posts that every few months. it comes w directions, if you have a flat up front you have to rotate rear tire up and put spare at the back. You arent stranded.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering this CEIKA kit for my AT4. The calipers are compatible with Brembo pads, and they come with a two-piece rotor.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with the comments on overall performance. Going from 2 piston to 6 pistons is awesome. Way better feel in the way the SUV wants to stop. The 2 pistons were ok in getting the job done. I didn't do any performance tests between the 2 setups, but I am happy with them so far. BTW I found my set used for almost half what they go for new. Doesn't hurt to look around and be patient.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brembo B-M8 colors.jpg
I'm really liking the design of these 8-pot B-M8 Brembos. I may end up getting these over the Ceika brakes, since ordering the Ceika's get a little too complicated to place a basic order. Just not sure what color to go with.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in talks with buybrakes.com all this week to get an 8-piston/B-M8 brake kit, so I'm just a few days away from pulling the trigger. Brembo claims they can do custom orders like color matching any of their calipers for your order, so that's my plan. I provided the paint code, so my salesperson will get back to me once he gets an answer and eta from Brembo.

The only colors they currently have in stock are red, black, and fluorescent yellow... None of which I prefer. I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:

DonutGodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another brake kit I haven’t seen mentioned much is SSBC. I don’t have experience with them but their brake kits look outstanding, are an 8 piston system and are considerably cheaper than the Brembo package. I may also add, the calipers are billet aluminum. So they probably weigh half of what a cast caliper does.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DonutGodd Those actually do look really nice!

And replacement rotors and pads seem reasonably prices as well. I tried searching around but couldn't find the rotor diameter for the front and/or rear kit listed anywhere?

Edit: Found it; The front 8 piston kit has 13" rotors and the rear 6 piston kit has 13.58" rotors. Too bad they aren't larger diameter rotors.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8 pistons but only 13" rotor? It will probably stop a little better, but it won't be like the Brembos. The 21 brake upgrade would probably be equal and be significantly cheaper.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post something positive after not liking the GM perf. exhaust, overrated and a pass imo.

The Brembo brakes on the other hand, BUY them if you like pedal feel or are coming from a German car. I feel everything they quote in the release - 42% larger, 16.1 rotors, 84 percent increase in brake pad area, 31 percent reduction in pedal force and 12 percent reduction in pedal. Imo, well worth the money.

For me, I felt the stock brake pedal was mushy, especially on hard braking - how hard do I need to push to get some feedback or get it to stop? They never gave me confidence.

When bedding the rotors/pads today, they actually overpowered the tires and locked them up a little which is the feeling I would prefer. The stock brakes could never overpower the tires which is sad because the tires are made for a mileage goal and road noise (imo), thus not the stickiest compound available. The downside to the brakes, now I want to show them off and look for a new tire/wheel combo. Very happy with this addition. Yes, they are expensive but it is something I felt the first time I pressed the brake pedal.
Just had these installed over the weekend at my dealership (Saturday). Definitely more confidently stopping. I am not an aggressive driver nor do I tow but with 2k miles on the Tahoe and having to stop abruptly about 2 or 3 times, I felt at times brakes could've been stronger for the Tahoe (2022). One thing that I feel and I do not believe is mental...some added weight. I feel the Brembo weighs a bit more than the stocks while driving. Nothing major but a difference nevertheless.

mikew2069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had these installed over the weekend at my dealership (Saturday). Definitely more confidently stopping. I am not an aggressive driver nor do I tow but with 2k miles on the Tahoe and having to stop abruptly about 2 or 3 times, I felt at times brakes could've been stronger for the Tahoe (2022). One thing that I feel and I do not believe is mental...some added weight. I feel the Brembo weighs a bit more than the stocks while driving. Nothing major but a difference nevertheless.
How so? That's strange. They have to be within 5-10lbs of the stock setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts