GM/Brembo Performance brakes - thoughts + pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post something positive after not liking the GM perf. exhaust, overrated and a pass imo.

The Brembo brakes on the other hand, BUY them if you like pedal feel or are coming from a German car. I feel everything they quote in the release - 42% larger, 16.1 rotors, 84 percent increase in brake pad area, 31 percent reduction in pedal force and 12 percent reduction in pedal. Imo, well worth the money.

For me, I felt the stock brake pedal was mushy, especially on hard braking - how hard do I need to push to get some feedback or get it to stop? They never gave me confidence.

When bedding the rotors/pads today, they actually overpowered the tires and locked them up a little which is the feeling I would prefer. The stock brakes could never overpower the tires which is sad because the tires are made for a mileage goal and road noise (imo), thus not the stickiest compound available. The downside to the brakes, now I want to show them off and look for a new tire/wheel combo. Very happy with this addition. Yes, they are expensive but it is something I felt the first time I pressed the brake pedal.
Please be aware that your spare tire won't fit over the brembos I found out the hard way. GM even has a service bulletin it read as to do a 2 tire change if the front tire gets flat . Do the rear 1st take the rear tire and change the front . You have been warned

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely recommend the Brembo upgrade. Much smoother and doesn't feel like its struggling to stop the vehicle in any means. They look great and gives the vehicle a whole new look. There is a tad bit more brake dust but nothing to complain about. Worth every penny!View attachment 375991
Please be aware that your spare tire won't fit over the brembos I found out the hard way. GM even has a service bulletin it read as to do a 2 tire change if the front tire gets flat . Do the rear 1st take the rear tire and change the front . You have been warned

dernals

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My best friend owns the dealership i get my stuff from and would love to sell me anything he can but he told me skip these because they squeak like crazy, anyone experience this?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best friend owns the dealership i get my stuff from and would love to sell me anything he can but he told me skip these because they squeak like crazy, anyone experience this?

I’ve had no squeaking with either of mine and have also had no customers complain. The truck Brembos do not have the same aggressive pad material as the cars.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pieced this big brake kit together from here and there and I think I have about $1400 into everything. I have not installed them yet since I'm not recovered from shoulder surgery. The only catch was having to purchase GM brake pads, the aftermarket ones were not correct. I hope to get to this project in a week or two and will post up part numbers and pics when I'm finished.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon