Getting ready to carbon fiber trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great and thinking about doing the same with mine. Is the wrap removal if I ever change my mind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great and thinking about doing the same with mine. Is the wrap removal if I ever change my mind?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes it is. Heat it up good with a heat gun and it should pull right off. Like anything though, the longer it's there the harder it will be to remove though.

zzpw3x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This looks awesome.

How are the trim pieces removed? Just a small screwdriver or putty knife and gently pry it off?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's very nice. I'm thinking of this, too, especially when we replace the panel to add the DIC switches.

Since we bought our Hoe used, it came from a used car dealer, and of course, they hosed the interior down with ArmorAll, or some such thing. How do you clean that residue off so something (anything!) sticks to the panels? Or does the Rapid Tac II take care of that? Thanks.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RapidTac does help but you will probably need to use good old dish soap and water mixture first to get most of it off. I know how these dealers like to bathe the whole vehicle in that junk

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The RapidTac does help but you will probably need to use good old dish soap and water mixture first to get most of it off. I know how these dealers like to bathe the whole vehicle in that junk

Yep. I took a towel and swabbed out the puddles of the stuff on the flooring. Since it's a PPV, we have the rubber flooring, so they hosed it down, too. On the plus side, nothing sticks to the flooring. On the negative side, nothing sticks to the flooring, that includes things you lay on the floor of the truck, your shoes, the dogs, etc. EVERYTHING just slides from side to side.

If I come across someone parting one of these trucks with carpet, I may jump on that. It would certainly help.

Thanks for the info on using Dawn. I'll do that, and find some Rapid Tac II also.

Poncho, you mention you have some spare 3m film? Might you be interested in selling your excess?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito