Getting ready to carbon fiber trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to wrap the plastiwood trim in the Denali. Just don't like the look at all. I had it in my Saturn Outlook but this looks worse. Not sure if I will wrap the steering wheel but may attempt it. If all goes well, I should have plenty left over if anyone would be interested. This is the 3m stuff and wasn't cheap :mfr_omg:

vinyl_zps39bbf99f.jpg

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Yeah di noc can be a issue later down the road. Couple of my buddies did this in his Viper and Charger after while started to lift. So he is actually getting real carbon fiber done on it now.

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3m adhesion promoter is a must. 20 a can.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I would do real cf. trust me the real stuff is badass my hood and roof are carbon fiber in my sol

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3m adhesion promoter is a must. 20 a can.
I use RapidTac2 which is far superior to work with. 1/2 of the battle is in the prep and NOT over stretching the vinyl. I've done this before with good results. Heck, if it always goes bad then when I do vehicle wraps my customers would be yelling at me lol.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have several colors of the di-noc, the key is not to stretch to much, and so far I heat mine up with a gun during install. I did my dodge in 08, I still see the truck regullary and looks like dayone.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago I bought this 4-wheeler in boxes and buckets. It was literally a basket case! Anyways the plastics had a lot of road rash and I didn't want to put the money into new plastics and they weren't worth painting either. I decided to get a roll of cheap AVERY vinyl and wrap it. This picture is of the quad a few years after I did it. It held up very well. Only issues were around the header (plastic was already melted) and gas cap.
quadpolaris001.jpg

Anyways, here's the finished product. Came out very well. This new 3m vinyl is some very, very mean stuff. Very fun product to work with. Would have loved to have this level of quality film when I did my quad! Not going to bother you with "before" pics. Sorry for bad lighting. It got dark before I was done. Start to finish took me about 1.5 hours.
averyfootball048_zpsed25f63c.jpg

averyfootball046_zps2e765d69.jpg
averyfootball045_zps48bc5244.jpg
averyfootball044_zps49b4e321.jpg
averyfootball043_zps98b02fa8.jpg
averyfootball042_zps771e275a.jpg
averyfootball041_zps6f239b81.jpg
averyfootball040_zpsb6e85fb9.jpg

hubert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beautiful work - It really looks nice and updates the look of the interior. Can this stuff be used around corners or are flat surfaces best?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it. Do the bezel around the gauges, please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mich2024