Get a catch can before any mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MudnRox

Rebel without a clue
Reaction score
I had a very similar experience. At my first drain I got hardly anything out of the catch can and it looked more like gas than oil. I think I posted a photo here a few pages back. I was concerned until i drained it the next few times and finally started getting more out of it and the color looked more like oil. I believe that the filter in the catch cans needs to be wet and saturated before it will start working 100%. This is the only explanation that I could come up with and i'm glad to see someone else didn't get much at there first drain.

That makes sense. But once the filter element is saturated, what's the normal amount?? I wouldn't think it would be much more; but then I've been wrong before. I could see it maybe going to a half cup on a healthy engine with no issues. I'm sure that driving style will be a contributing factor.

I wonder if CatchCans.com would have any insight into the matter??

Last edited:

Leonidas

What's Good TYF!!!!
Reaction score
changed my oil yesterday and got 1.5oz out of my catch can. The problem I'm having is that the little screw doesn't hold my can in place where I want it to be.

PlatinumYukon

Reaction score
LEONIDAS,

I too had this same problem with my can and found that I had to just torque that little allen screw to where it started to indent and screw into the can a little and everything seems to still be tight ever since.

Leonidas

What's Good TYF!!!!
Reaction score
LEONIDAS,

I too had this same problem with my can and found that I had to just torque that little allen screw to where it started to indent and screw into the can a little and everything seems to still be tight ever since.

Yeah Ryan my allen screw isn't tight enough so I'll have to crank on it I guess...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does the catchcan come with all the necessary hoses and parts for the install?

nope. Just the can and bracket. you'll need 4 hose clamps and 2 hoses (or 1 long hose to cut) and all that can be purchased for less than $10 at any auto parts store.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a homemade catchcan for under $35 last weekend. Going to see how well it works. ma7uregy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts