GeorgeB’s 2013 Suburban LTZ “Fin”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I hate these Cooper tires. They just don’t work well in the snow. Thinking about dumping them for some LTX m/s tires.
Had a little bit of snow Tuesday evening on my way home from Utah, and the base of the mountain that I live on, at 3500ft elevation!! It was NUTS!! Anyways the roads were pretty slick and it was windy and the defender LTXs I’m riding on now held perfectly. No slippage or sliding around on the roads. Now I wasn’t driving in deep snow but they still held! I like the defenders a lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Had a little bit of snow Tuesday evening on my way home from Utah, and the base of the mountain that I live on, at 3500ft elevation!! It was NUTS!! Anyways the roads were pretty slick and it was windy and the defender LTXs I’m riding on now held perfectly. No slippage or sliding around on the roads. Now I’m went driving in deep snow but they still held! I like the defenders a lot.
They were the next up on my list. I read every review I could find on the coopers too.
I have 24k on them and want to get rid of them. I just don’t want to lose too much on them.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a quote on a set of four 285/45-22 SL Micheline LTX M/S tires installed for $1045.35 today. Trying to decide if I hate these Coopers enough to take the hit by selling them on FB marketplace... they cost me more than the Defenders already...
That's cheap. I went with the Bridgestones because that's what came on it and I have had great luck with them in the past. The thing that changed was the 800 treadwear vs the 600 that came on it. I have the 700 treadwear on the avalanche and those have been great. Good enough grip and great wear. The 600 (stock) had excellent grip but we're worn out in 38k miles. These 800 jobs are definitely lacking in the traction department (I know, I know, trade offs). Not so much in hydroplaning but in grip while taking off or cornering in the rain. I'll probably try those Michelins next round. Maybe before next round if I get some 22s for the avalanche. I'll move the Bridgestones over to it

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That's cheap. I went with the Bridgestones because that's what came on it and I have had great luck with them in the past. The thing that changed was the 800 treadwear vs the 600 that came on it. I have the 700 treadwear on the avalanche and those have been great. Good enough grip and great wear. The 600 (stock) had excellent grip but we're worn out in 38k miles. These 800 jobs are definitely lacking in the traction department (I know, I know, trade offs). Not so much in hydroplaning but in grip while taking off or cornering in the rain. I'll probably try those Michelins next round. Maybe before next round if I get some 22s for the avalanche. I'll move the Bridgestones over to it
It is cheap and I am really tempted to get them. I freaking hate the tires I have on here now.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and have an appointment at 10:00 for some Defenders. Forget these Coopers!

This is the first time I have ever removed like new tires for performance reasons. I hope the Defenders out perform them but honestly it won't be too hard.
Good decision. $1000 is cheap in exchange for feeling safe. And if they save you from getting in an accident, they’ve more than paid for themselves.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger and have an appointment at 10:00 for some Defenders. Forget these Coopers!

This is the first time I have ever removed like new tires for performance reasons. I hope the Defenders out perform them but honestly it won't be too hard.
Post pics and let me know your thoughts. I was concerned with the tread pattern looking too aggressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts