Front seats comfort

Are your 21-22 Tahoe Yukon seats comfortable on 3 hour+ trips?

• Yes, fabric seats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, fabric seats

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabinetman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coming out of a 2020 Tundra Platinum into a 2022 Tahoe Z71, I find the Tahoe's seats are a bit more firm. I also miss the thigh support extension on the Tundra. However, I don't think the Tahoe seats will be uncomfortable on long drives. I have a 30 mile commute, and no pain so far after a week.

OP
OP
S

smokey_mountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have test driven 2022 Tahoe LS with cloth and 21 Tahoe LT with leather and then compared them to 2020 LS with cloth. Seats in my 2020 LS were one of the most comfortable I ever had, I would say the most comfortable seats full stop, we drive 18+ hour trips several times a year and 10+ trips 2-3 times a month. Never tired in thigh, in lumbar. I would rank them the following:
1. 2020 LS with cloth (by far better than 2021-22 seats)
2. 2022 LS with cloth
3. 2021 LT with leather (significantly worse than 2022 cloth, I suspect that leather does not stretch enough and does not provide give).

2022 LS cloth were noticeably different and much firmer than 2020 cloth. However still better than 2021 LT leather. 2021 LT leather were like plywood to me, very much the VW/Audi hard, I know some folks find German hard to be comfortable but for me they are not. My holdover vehicle at the moment is 22 VW Atlas and while the vehicle drives great, quiet and super well organized infotainment and controls. Pleather seats on Atlas are horrible after 3 hours, I tried it all and just terrible to me. However, there is an army of happy Atlas owners how praise the seats. This all points that seats are too subjective but as OP I appreciate everyone's input.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did 3-4 hours in the truck today and I am into the seats in my RST. They are not overly sporty with high side bolsters or too narrow like my ex's 2015 LT.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 21 Yukon with leather seats that are comfortable I guess, but they aren't the best looking, very plain looking. The best leather seats I had were on the Silverado I sold before this Yukon, they were the Katzkin leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia