Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016YukonDenaliGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2016 Yukon Denali with the cooled seat option. I've owned the truck a little over a month now and I absolutley love it. It's comfortable, quick, and fun to drive. Today I noticed though that the upper portion of my drivers side seat was not cooling. The bottom half of the seat does just fine after a few minutes of operation on the high setting. The seats are perforated on the top and bottom cushions as well as the side bolsters.

It seems I may have 2 problems here.

1 - The upper half of my drivers seat doesn't cool now.
2 - The seats only cool after a few minutes of operation with very little pressure. (I've noticed others talk about how loud their systems are. Mine is very quiet and I barely hear it running at idle.)

The A/C will freeze you out in the rest of the truck front and back. So I'd say it works well. Does anyone have a diagnosis tree or link to a service or repair procedure for these seats? I cannot seem to find much on the 2015-2016 cooled seats. Only earlier models or the later ventilated seats in the 17+ model years.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. The “cooled” part of the seat is just air from the blower so it takes a minute to get there. Most makes are now calling them ventilated which makes more sense. I had a 2014 Sierra with the same issue. Does the heat work on the back section? Mine didn’t. I don’t have a fix for this as I sold the truck There may be a TSB for this. Hopefully someone with experience in this will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660