Humming noise when tightly turning steering wheel, only during cold start and go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes they will make you drive 200 miles after fluid change to see if the noise is there.
I drove it and now the noise is worse than ever actually. New differential has been ordered but no idea when they will have one.

sito1103

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '21 Yukon At4 has been in the shop several times for this exact issue. I finally found the TSB on my own and took my SUV to the local dealer who is now saying that I am required to pay for the fluid change in the Diff...

Has anyone else been told this BS? Or is it just me? Seems to me that this is a known issue and should be covered under the Warranty. Thoughts?

FYI '21 Yuon AT4
41k Miles currently
Took it in at approx 22k, 31k, 38k, and now

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fluid change is covered by powertrain. It says so in the bulletin.

sito1103

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fluid change is covered by powertrain. It says so in the bulletin.
Yeap, at the bottom. I even pointed that out to the service dept rep. I spent 45 mins on the phone defending my position and ended up telling him that I was being ripped
off by them and he finally caved and requested approval from their service dept manager which quickly approved it. Couldn’t believe it honestly.

I believe he was ill informed and dug his heals in the ground on his position. He was clearly upset at me when I picked up the SUV.

It did seem to clear up the noise. We will see, long term, if this doesn’t lead to a new LSD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar